Citroen transponder key re-casing

Anybody know where I can get my transponder key re-cased or even if it's possible? The electronic bit works alright but the plastic buttons have disintegrated - is it possible just to put a new top on the key?

I bought one off eBay for my Peugeot. Was £5.99

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 08:00 ----------

Just looked there are more for Citroen than there were for mine lol. You can even convert them to the flip style keys lol

I agree, Ebay is probably best bet.

When you dismantle it though, check there's no transponder chip located in the old fob. So many people miss this little part and throw it away

I agree, Ebay is probably best bet.

When you dismantle it though, check there's no transponder chip located in the old fob. So many people miss this little part and throw it away

Lol lol lol were you stood watching me searching through the wheely bin lol. I tested the button function put the key in the ignition turned it. The fans started. The radio came on so I thought that was it lol. 2 days later when I needed the car everything came on it was trying to start just no fuel seemed to get through. Moral of the story put the transponder chip in lol lol

Heh heh, we see about one new member a week on the Peugeot forum who's done that!

Heh heh, we see about one new member a week on the Peugeot forum who's done that!

To top it all off only use the car once in a blue moon I probably wouldn't have used it for a month it's only that I decided to nip to Asda after work the bin would've been emptied and then it would have cost me an arm and a leg! It is only because a friend of mine took the key apart at work and said you've not put the transponder chip in lol.

i bought 1 off ebay came with the key cut put my inside of the old key in it plus transpondor could not get it to work,so took it to harolds key place he said those you get off ebay dont work asked how much a new 1 would be he told me £180,so put all the inners back in the old key and still using it