Tree devastation in Sheffield

You can't design something that already exists.

---------- Post added 09-07-2015 at 15:23 ----------

Oh will you look at that;

Isn't that what I said. (That's rhetorical).

It is not what you said!

To save you the trouble of scrolling back to your post (number 240) you said, "If roots are damaging a pavement then the tree has to be removed."

No it does not have to be removed! Remedial methods are possible as the report clearly states.

How many more straws do you want to clutch at before you can concede you overstated your point...now...that is rhetorical! ;)

NB: For the avoidance of all doubt. I have said previously and I will say it again. Where no other solution is possible I have no objection to trees being cut down where they are deemed dangerous or dying.

Edited by Lotusflower

A Tree Strategy - is a planned, integrated and systematic approach to the sustainable management of the Urban Forest, of which Street Trees are a significant part. This is in accordance with current best practice in Trees and Towns II (TT2), The National Tree Safety Group (NTSG) and Trees and Design Action Group (TDAG)

---------- Post added 13-07-2015 at 01:12 ----------

Even Newcastle has a Tree Strategy!! http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/planning-and-buildings/conservation-heritage-and-urban-design/conservation-and-urban-design/tree-strategy

Why is Sheffield so far behind??

Edited by Mindfulness

Trees are falling out by their roots and the foiliage is scorched. Branches are cracking off so I reckon the council are chopping them down before they fall down. The chemtrails (geoengineering) are killing them. Billions of tons of metal particulates are being sprayed into the sky 24/7. Over 300 species a day are dying.

Actually, everything alive (inc. all of us) is 'dying'. Death is inevitable, sooner or later.

Actually, everything alive (inc. all of us) is 'dying'. Death is inevitable, sooner or later.

Thats a cheery note.....I think dying refers to when the rate of cell replacement is eclipsed by the rate of cell death. Most things are infact alive and growing...some might say too much with a population of 7 billion....

Anyway, these thoughts are rather dark and depressing...A good cure is to go an spend sometime in a green space or hugging a street tree......Oh hang on..

Why hug a tree, though? They won't appreciate it, won't call, won't write- so selfish.

Why hug a tree, though? They won't appreciate it, won't call, won't write- so selfish.

Re my bold.

I defy you to prove that!

Apparently, one of the trees on Rustlings Road is called Delilah, according to the note fastened to it. So clearly they are sentient organisms, able to write their names. Either that, or some of the tree huggers have lost the plot and choose to anthropomorphise what is simply a lump of wood.

Apparently, one of the trees on Rustlings Road is called Delilah, according to the note fastened to it. So clearly they are sentient organisms, able to write their names. Either that, or some of the tree huggers have lost the plot and choose to anthropomorphise what is simply a lump of wood.

Hmmmm....that must mean you are simply a lump of meat...

Therein lies the problem

Hmmmm....that must mean you are simply a lump of meat...

Therein lies the problem

Do you understand the meaning of the words sentient and anthropomorphise? From your response, it would appear not.

Apparently, one of the trees on Rustlings Road is called Delilah

My, my MYYY DELILAH!! :D

Why, why WHYYY DELILAH??

Because SCC are effin idiots!

THAT's why!!

They made a secret contract

With a private company

Whose priority is profit

NOT our environment :mad:

Do you understand the meaning of the words sentient and anthropomorphise? From your response, it would appear not.

I don't think it has anything to do with the word anthropomorphise...... You reduced the tree to a lump of wood..... Using the same logic you are nothing more than a lump of meat.... I think you have proved my point...