Rail strike on the cards

and what do you think about bankers who nearly ruined the country yet got off scot free? what about the banks that were subsidised by the public purse should we have let them go bust ?

Have the banks threatened to go on strike? Or have they largely done as told to, made massive redundancies, cut back on risky lending and 'tried' to start down a different path?

I disagree with the greed of bankers as much as I do the greed of unions and the greed of the rail companies. They're all as bad as each other. But when it impacts most on me is when I can't get to work despite paying over £800 a year for a season ticket. Most rail employees have better terms than the people they transport from day to day and they ought to have a bit of humility.

Have the banks threatened to go on strike? Or have they largely done as told to, made massive redundancies, cut back on risky lending and 'tried' to start down a different path?

I disagree with the greed of bankers as much as I do the greed of unions and the greed of the rail companies. They're all as bad as each other. But when it impacts most on me is when I can't get to work despite paying over £800 a year for a season ticket. Most rail employees have better terms than the people they transport from day to day and they ought to have a bit of humility.

again don't blame the workers they feel they need a pay rise and the unions are there to hopefully get the best terms for its members. again banks and big companies forced upon me to have my wages paid into a bank account and through this system I now pay to get my money is this fair ?

again don't blame the workers they feel they need a pay rise and the unions are there to hopefully get the best terms for its members. again banks and big companies forced upon me to have my wages paid into a bank account and through this system I now pay to get my money is this fair ?

Why not? I imagine a proportion of all workers would like a pay rise but we're not all in a position to hold the country to ransom.

How many of the employees voted to strike? A little under half?

Why not? I imagine a proportion of all workers would like a pay rise but we're not all in a position to hold the country to ransom.

How many of the employees voted to strike? A little under half?

the working people working collectively could bring this country to a standstill it wouldn't take much to do. how many people voted for this gov yet they still got in :hihi:

the working people working collectively could bring this country to a standstill it wouldn't take much to do. how many people voted for this gov yet they still got in :hihi:

But if you add those that couldn't be bothered to vote you have a majority. Those that couldn't be bothered voted tory by default ie they didn't care.

Except the train market is not subject to true market forces. There are no competitors who would take the striking company's business. There's no alternative railway system. Added to which fares and the train companies are subsidised out of the public purse and would go bust without that subsidy so the strikers would be jobless in a real market.

Market forces , humbug. The natural progression of capitalism is to a one supplier monopoly. Buy out some, force the small fish into bankruptcy, form a cartel with the other big fish . . . and then to jack up the prices to what the market can bear.

You should be applauding their understanding of the situation. Except you don't. Live by the sword - die by the sword. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

On the other hand. We could act like a responsible group of human beings. Ha-ha only joking.

But if you add those that couldn't be bothered to vote you have a majority. Those that couldn't be bothered voted tory by default ie they didn't care.

regardless of what you say they still got in

The working people are this country, why would we want to bring it to a standstill?

We have a democratically elected government and with quite a mandate at that. No use throwing our toys out of the pram now.

regardless of what you say they still got in

Oh dont get me wrong I agree with you. I'm just saying to those that think the tories got in with a minority of votes to add the non voters.

It seems people are totally unaware that in the the UK, privatised railway services are subsidised more heavily than under British Rail.

It seems people are totally unaware that in the the UK, privatised railway services are subsidised more heavily than under British Rail.

Oh yes I agree with you they are thats why I'm in favour of renationalising them.

remind us again who privatised the railways

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 17:21 ----------

The working people are this country, why would we want to bring it to a standstill?

We have a democratically elected government and with quite a mandate at that. No use throwing our toys out of the pram now.

you said you would like a pay rise how would you go about achieving that ? and the workers voted to strike and the unions went ahead with their wishes and got the required result :hihi: