Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

Oh he comes across as nice bloke. A certain likeable style over substance. But his policies are quite mad.

Oh he comes across as nice bloke. A certain likeable style over substance. But his policies are quite mad.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Why?

i think it is because he isn't the full shilling.

It's hippy musings not policy (to the best of my knowledge). He's allowed to dream - we all are. It's cheap muck raking by the mail.

Totally agree with you there. We should all be able to say what we ant and to float ideas in the right way at the right time, and as you say he was just musing on something most people would agree with.

Anna B said

'Corbyn to wants to disband Army' was 2" high banner headline on front page of Daily Mail one day last week. Just one example

The Mail headline I found on that story isn't saying that he thinks the Army should be scrapped, so I'm just trying to find that particular lie that was apparently made about him.

Totally agree with you there. We should all be able to say what we ant and to float ideas in the right way at the right time, and as you say he was just musing on something most people would agree with.

Anna B said

The Mail headline I found on that story isn't saying that he thinks the Army should be scrapped, so I'm just trying to find that particular lie that was apparently made about him.

I suppose they will claim the italians are lying about him next.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/22/corbyn-election-shows-labours-delight-in-losing-says-italian-pm

Corbyn election shows Labour's delight in losing, says Italian PM

Matteo Renzi blasts party’s new leader, saying people who want to get out of Nato don’t want to win elections

Trouble is it's relentless across much of the media. And uninformed people believe it as fact.

You keep saying this but so far your one example of a "lie" is proving to be a bit elusive.

Could you find one for us otherwise it's difficult to believe your claim that the media are lying about him.

You keep saying this but so far your one example of a "lie" is proving to be a bit elusive.

Could you find one for us otherwise it's difficult to believe your claim that the media are lying about him.

it seems like a case of someone lying about folk lying about him.

Claims Jeremy Corbyn funded ‘IRA bomber’ turn out to be 30 years old – and inaccurate [The Independant, 20 September 2015]

The original story appeared in The Sun.

It's more lazy recycling of an ancient story without checking it out than a blatent lie but I'll give you that one if there turns out to be some journalistic intention to decieve. It looks more like a cub reporter **** up though.

These media lies about Jeremy are still a bit proving to be very elusive. Anna B are you there?

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 13:48 ----------

I just wanted to add that I only wrote c ock up above. The automatic asterixes make it look as though I said something really offensive.