Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

I noticed during the election campaigns that Ed Miliband wore a lot of blue shirts and ties, where traditionally red would have been the colour.

Instead of concentrating of lurching one way or the other, they need to get a decent leader in place. That's the reason they didn't get elected.

Yet I noticed Nicola Sturgeon wore a lot of red - did she pinch Labour's colours....and votes?

"Should Labour move right or left?"

I don't think it matters, they are doomed and will not regain office for many a year.

Angel1.

Yet I noticed Nicola Sturgeon wore a lot of red - did she pinch Labour's colours....and votes?
Red dress matching shoes, worked perfectly with that feisty image.

"Should Labour move right or left?"

I don't think it matters, they are doomed and will not regain office for many a year.

Angel1.

I think they might settle for a Hokey Cokey.:hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::thumbsup:

They should move to Whitby. Get some good sea air.

Look, all the leadership candidates are already talking about "aspiration" and "reaching out" to middle England, and not being so unfriendly to business.

Red Tories! :hihi:

And if being Red Tories doesn't work in 2020, they'll move again to whatever stance they think will get them more votes. They are a party with no true beliefs any more.

Yes, I wonder why "aspiration" never crossed their minds during the election campaign.

Yes, I wonder why "aspiration" never crossed their minds during the election campaign.

It wasn't the insincere word the think tank had given them that month.

.....Yes,noticed wee Jimmy Krankie did not go the whole hog and turn out in Tartan battledress!

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 11:20 ----------

Labour have killed aspiration for years!

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 11:22 ----------

To the left, clearly.
That will keep them in the long grass then!

They already have!

Labour have killed aspiration for years

It is only thanks to Labour's dogged determination over many years, to give ordinary people a fair crack of the whip and speak up for them, that we have the life we have today.

That's aspiration in action.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Many of he New Labour 'middle class' have rediscovered that they are just job fodder and, without representation, likely to remain so, (that's if they are lucky enough to have a job.) Job security has become a thing of the past,

News for you Anna, weve never had a larger percentage in work sicne 1971, and we have without qualification more people in work in total than ever before.

Bleating about how people are "lucky" to have a job is complete cobblers when almost everyone who is able to work is in fact working.