Nexus 4 not charging properly

Looking for advice please.

Nexus 4, amazing phone does all I want but yet today stopped charging unless i held the charger in place, also it gets really hot. it's 20 months old, wondering if it comes under the EU warranty or if it could be repaired anywhere?

Sounds like you need a new charging port

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-For-LG-Google-Nexus-4-E960-Charging-Port-Usb-Dock-Connector-Flex-Cable-/161614672273?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a0fc3191

Follow this video carefully https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVSmsFLqQg. I don't think you have to take the mother board out

Edited by kidneystone

Kidneystone, thank you for this, it's not something I'd be confident about however it appears I don't need to. I spoke to Google who say the battery is faulty/dead so they will send me a replacement phone FOC in the next 3 weeks - Result!

Nice result. Google don't seem to mess about.

Nice result. Google don't seem to mess about.

Yes impressed, we went through the usual troubleshooting but very impressed as the 2 year guarantee starts over again on receipt. Would recommend! Course now the Nexus 6 is £480ish whereas this was about £200, would consider buying again for such good customer service right when you need it.

Course now the Nexus 6 is £480ish whereas this was about £200, would consider buying again for such good customer service right when you need it.

Nexus 6 is much bigger than your 4 so i'm not so sure you will be pleased. For me everything beyond 5" is too large to use.

Regarding customer service - yes, it's top notch