Why do people object to Call to Prayer?

The majority once thought homosexuality, womens rights, darkies, sexism, racism was just dandy and acceptable, then what happens, the minority do-gooders came along and shoved their patronizing self opinionated rock the boat noses in it. Without them we'd still have the Black n White Minstrels on a Sunday.

Those are all truly worthy causes but I don't think in the future we'll look back on todays society and lament on how prisoners were not allowed to vote.

Those are all truly worthy causes but I don't think in the future we'll look back on todays society and lament on how prisoners were not allowed to vote.

Human rights for all is a worthy cause regardless of bias IMO, it's that that defines us as civilized, regardless of others that don't conform . Homophobia and racism today exudes the same mentality that the do-gooders were fighting yesteryear. Thankfully Liberalism is the reason you're not doing 18hrs a day dahn pit for tuppence a week.

Its generally used a pejorative term aimed at those that are apologists or give sucker to people and things that the majority of society find unacceptable, such as wanting prisoners to be allowed to vote, not wanting to deport foreign criminals etc.

lol @ "give sucker".

To you. Personally I dislike the sound of church bells as they sound like clattery metal things being rolled down stairs.

In contrast, to me, the sound of the muslim call to prayer is quite appealing and has a strong feel of 'holiness' that, to me, bells lack (I'm not a muslim, by the way).

It also doesn't go on for very long, unlike the bells, which can often be clanging away for hours.

Every time ive heard this call to prayer i thought it was an air raid siren and thought we were being invaded.

lol @ "give sucker".

Playing sucker is probably the phrase I was looking for. I've heard it used and I know what it means.

Islam is not part of our culture, its an import.

Whereas Jesus was born and brought up in Stoke.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 14:20 ----------

Church bells have rung out over this country for a thousand years, they invoke Englishness, democracy, peace, honesty, prosperity.

Church bells for me invoke IRA bombs, the Third Reich and drunk EDL chavs puking in the streets.

Whereas Jesus was born and brought up in Stoke..

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Whereas Jesus was born and brought up in Stoke.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 14:20 ----------

Church bells for me invoke IRA bombs, the Third Reich and drunk EDL chavs puking in the streets.

ha ha ha I agree. People forget how this Jesus rubbish was brought to our shores.

I would object to the call of prayer if it was near my house because it is loud and not needed. I don't like it aesthetically and I think the impact religion has on society should be curtailed as it has far, far, far too much already.

Church bells are almost as bad in my opinion.

It's because it is a religion stuck in the middle ages before alarm clocks, watches and iphones

one of my co-workers is muslim and has something on his phone which does the call to prayer.

"Typically amplified by a microphone" is a problem.

We were in Istanbul at Eid one year, and several mosques appeared to be competing on who could hook up the biggest amplifier and make the loudest call.

I'd be happy to hear the caller with his natural voice.

(BTW, is he a muezzin?)

ha ha ha I agree. People forget how this Jesus rubbish was brought to our shores.

I would object to the call of prayer if it was near my house because it is loud and not needed. I don't like it aesthetically and I think the impact religion has on society should be curtailed as it has far, far, far too much already.

Church bells are almost as bad in my opinion.

So you are not happy about the Jesus rubbish? But you are happy about the Mohammed rubbish?

If so could you draw me a picture ? :hihi:

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 14:31 ----------

one of my co-workers is muslim and has something on his phone which does the call to prayer.

Fine - not an issue I shouldn't have thought - the noise dominating a UK suburb is an intrusion and unBritish.

So you are not happy about the Jesus rubbish? But you are happy about the Mohammed rubbish?

If so could you draw me a picture ? :hihi:

Where did I say I was happy with this Muhammed rubbish??

You have managed to gather some very strange conclusions from what I said.

All Abrahamic religion is a load of toilet in my opinion. My comment was on the perceived Englishness of Christianity.