Regent court old tennants

There are a few photos of Regent Court on Picture Sheffield.

Thank you I`ve got those .

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 21:33 ----------

Wasn,t Regent Court built upon an old mill pond or dam that had been drained after the mill fell into disuse all those years ago?.

That's correct I`ve got an aerial photo showing that , I would love to get a photo of them during construction in 1935/6 .

I heard that tony Christie used to live there how true that is I don't know

I heard that tony Christie used to live there how true that is I don't know

Yes flat 110

Hi, I'm an old tennant of Regent Court. Even though I am very happy in my home now, I do miss the place sometimes! It felt like being on holiday on a sunny day coming out of that flat. I have a lot of memories of that place and the people, for the most part, were lovely.

Just to add my little bit about Tony Christie.

I used the launderette in the flats and one day I received an email at work. It was a news letter about Tony's new album and on the email was a photograph of Tony in a launderette. I thought it looked familiar and after printing it out and comparing it, it was indeed that launderette!

I gave the printout to a lady called Betty, she told me he used to live there and at the time, she put the photo on the noticeboard. That's going back a few years now though.

I used to live on the fourth floor and had a really weird guy living below me. Oh, the memories of being woken up at 4am to the sound of an ABBA record playing at the wrong speed...

Edited by NEKRO138

When I was around 10yrs old I was not doing so well at school especially with my arithmetic,mostly due to my larking about in lessons!.So my parents made an arrangement with a lady teacher who lived at Regent Court to give me extra tuition at nights,her flat was three quarters of the way up overlooking the working mens club!.It was the first time I had been in a flat and it made an impression on me,I thought it was great but it was to no avail lesson wise,my heart wasn,t in it and after a while she gave me up as a bad job!.Ironically I ended up in my teens with a salesmans job at the Don Bakery-W A Brooms,I soon polished up my arithmetic skills because any cash short at the week ending was stopped out of my wages,a very good incentive!.:roll::hihi::hihi:

There are several old pictures on the Sheffield Pictures site. Just search Bradfield Road, Hillsborough.

...That's correct I`ve got an aerial photo showing that....
And here is an old map showing the dam.

Tony Christie used to park his Rolls Royce on the land on the end of Owlerton Green for a while.

Tony Christie used to park his Rolls Royce on the land on the end of Owlerton Green for a while.

I think it was registered TON 10

I remember visiting a school mate and his family in the late 1950s, they were keen tennis players and they were called BISHOP. I used to go for tea and wathch them play.

Didn't Roger Taylor, the tennis player live here?

I remember visiting a school mate and his family in the late 1950s, they were keen tennis players and they were called BISHOP. I used to go for tea and wathch them play.

I am in touch with the son Neil .

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 20:33 ----------

Didn't Roger Taylor, the tennis player live here?

No ,but he played on the 3 tennis courts in the grounds during tournaments .