Gum tree why are most buyers such timewasters

gum tree buyers seem to be a breed on their own, i have just advertised some household appliances and stuff thats not required anymore very cheap as i am moving to a new house, furniture & washer dryer etc, well the amount of texts and emails and calls you would think they would all have sold in 1 day....wrong people either dont turn up or just dont reply, is it an"im bored" game they play?? or are they on a wind up "do you deliver" no i am not a butcher!!

looks like i will hire a skip then and smash it all up:hihi:

I get that all the time,i thought it was just me.

gum tree buyers seem to be a breed on their own, i have just advertised some household appliances and stuff thats not required anymore very cheap as i am moving to a new house, furniture & washer dryer etc, well the amount of texts and emails and calls you would think they would all have sold in 1 day....wrong people either dont turn up or just dont reply, is it an"im bored" game they play?? or are they on a wind up "do you deliver" no i am not a butcher!!

looks like i will hire a skip then and smash it all up:hihi:

Get all your stuff on here.

Get all your stuff on here.

Its just as bad. Advertise something on here, you get half a dozen replies asking if youll take less than the asking price, half a dozen asking if you can deliver it, even though the ad says you cant, and half a dozen arranging to pick it up and not bothering to show.

Think its something you have to deal with gumtree or on here.

Although on the other side, the amount of people selling stuff that don't reply to their ads or ads that magically disappear is huge.

Think its something you have to deal with gumtree or on here.

Although on the other side, the amount of people selling stuff that don't reply to their ads or ads that magically disappear is huge.

On here and gumtree there's no obligation to buy, if you bid on ebay you're committed. On ebay there are fees unlike GT or SF though. On here I have no expectations, first come first served, no holding or waiting in or any of that palava, and certainly no delivery unless it's on my route and money in my paypal account first. Anything else and its a sign of desperation.

I'm always having trouble on gumtree people mess me about all the time x

yep,think its a bordom thing for people,ask for pics/whats the lowest/whats address then dont show :suspect:

I'm fed up of it myself, mostly they'll ask what area of Sheffield I'm in and never respond again when I say S2. Or They will ask me to take less even though they're already getting a huge bargain! i give up.

Yeah Gumtree is a nightmare! I've lost count of the amount of times I've had emails, replied and then the person just never comes back to you to confirm they want the item. It's infuriating!

I agree. A load of plonkers. I advertised a large nearly new babies pram recently on gumtree and said NO DELIVERY - COLLECT ONLY ! An idiot from cornwall asked if I could deliver it and expected it to be done for free. Where were they let out from ?