Nasty accident, Penistone Road. 10.05.2015

There looks to have been a very nasty accident on Penistone Road, junction just past Hillsborough Park, 2.30pm ish.

3 or 4 cars involved and a motor bike. Lots of police, police cars and an ambulance. Not sure what's happened.

Traffic is being diverted up the side of the park, with long tail backs. Might be best to avoid.

I do hope no one has been too badly hurt, and it's not as bad as it looks.

It was a collision between a car and a motor cyclist. Two young lads in the car hit the motor cyclist who was thrown several yards away. Heard the bang and came out (live right opposite) and looks like one of them tried to beat the lights, but not sure who was at fault. Motor cyclist was coming down Parkside and the car was coming from town. He was put in recovery position while ambo was called but was conscious, so that's a good sign. The two lads were obviously shaken. The other cars had stopped as we're witnesses. Hope he makes a good recovery.

But yeah the tail backs were huge with redirected traffic!

Glad to hear that there were no fatalities. And thankyou for responding. I join you in wishing all concerned a speedy recovery.

It was a collision between a car and a motor cyclist. Two young lads in the car hit the motor cyclist who was thrown several yards away. Heard the bang and came out (live right opposite) and looks like one of them tried to beat the lights, but not sure who was at fault. Motor cyclist was coming down Parkside and the car was coming from town. He was put in recovery position while ambo was called but was conscious, so that's a good sign. The two lads were obviously shaken. The other cars had stopped as we're witnesses. Hope he makes a good recovery.

But yeah the tail backs were huge with redirected traffic!

I went past this on the other side just as the police arrived. The biker was laid in the road with a few people around him/her, looked really bad, the car was mangled, so must have hit the bike with some force, but glad to read the bold. I thought it might have been fatal given the position of biker, car, and bike that I saw. Let's hope they are ok.

Yes, I think it looked a lot worse than it was fortunately. My sister was one of the first out, and she said he was starting to move but she told him to lie still as he was complaining of neck pain. I guess you don't know what injuries lie underneath, so I hope he didn't suffer anything more that was too serious. I do think the car was travelling a fair speed that the lads were driving, their windscreen was smashed and the bonnet crumpled, but hard to say who had the green light or who tried to beat it. The bike looked a right off too! Luckily a guy jumped out of a car and said he was a doctor, so he stayed with the biker. Fingers crossed for him.