London protests

There's nothing worse than seeing your taxes wasted on things that aren't necessary is there? Such as public services, or MP expenses, or tax credits because companies don't want to pay a living wage, or subsidised housing because of greedy foreign property developers. That's capitalism for ya! :thumbsup:

Tell you what pick one of those points for me to address I'm not bothered which - I cant be bothered to answer a multi-part question with such a broad base.

Tell you what pick one of those points for me to address I'm not bothered which - I cant be bothered to answer a multi-part question with such a broad base.

There's only 1 question in there Ron!

Don't people who organise and go on these protests realise they achieve nothing.

Don't people who organise and go on these protests realise they achieve nothing.

Yeah, protesting gets you nowhere! Haven't we learned that already?! :huh:

You were joking, right?

There's nothing worse than seeing your taxes wasted on things that aren't necessary is there?

You mean like having to pay the police to police a protest and paying people to clean up the mess left by the protesters. But at least what it cost to police and clean up can be diverted from less deserving public services.

I think you lot have been drinking too much real ale over the weekend with this political discussion.

Though I did vote, I have lost my faith in politics. Yes I have labour values, that society isn't about me, me, me, how much I pay in, how much I don't get out, me, me, me, me. But labour have lost their values.

I do understand why a lot of SF members get disgruntled with the 'vulnerable/long term state dependent people' in society. Like I said, Labour forgot the working person. At least the conservatives have some kind of answer for this in relation to getting people back to work. However, zero hours contracts, a lack of adult education, and topping them up with working tax credits won't make them tax contributors.

Back to the labour topic. Personally I think they no longer support the working people, instead they went chasing the middle and upper grown. To me, whether it's labour or the conservatives, in their current formats there's no change, just the same old same old.

(Sorry to the spelling police if you've spotted any mistakes that deviate your attention from the subject of discussion, It must be so distracting for you?)

You mean like having to pay the police to police a protest and paying people to clean up the mess left by the protesters. But at least what it cost to police and clean up can be diverted from less deserving public services.

Protests ARE necessary. Without them, for one, women wouldn't have the right to vote, amongst a whole host of other things.

do understand why a lot of SF members get disgruntled with the 'vulnerable/long term state dependent people' in society

Citizen, this imbecile costs you 30,000 Reichs Marks!

(poster title in 1930's Germany)

Do you mean the 'useless mouths'?

because if progressive minded people like you obviously are, use language like the above, then that is the direction we are going in.

Protests ARE necessary. Without them, for one, women wouldn't have the right to vote, amongst a whole host of other things.

So is austerity, I'm just pointing out that protests cost money, the more protests people have about austerity the more money will have to be cut from other services and spending.

So is austerity, I'm just pointing out that protests cost money, the more protests people have about austerity the more money will have to be cut from other services and spending.

Austerity is not a necessity, although I realise this is something that we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Austerity is not a necessity, although I realise this is something that we'll have to agree to disagree on.

You're quite right - it's not a necessity at all - in fact the tories, labour and libs were all proposing it for a laugh. Just a bit of fun. Ha ha ha.

:loopy: