London protests

What a bunch of nasty aggressive unpleasant spoiled brats. Throwing things, Showing off like a bunch of babies. Grafitting a war memorial. Are they utterly stupid?

I hope they lock them up and give them a long sentence.

They can think about what they have done.

And you people on here supporting them should be ashamed of yourselves.

Revolting revolting people

People should have a right to march, "Ch Supt Gerry Campbell said the "vast majority" of protestors had taken part peacefully", as most did, peacefully, and in other areas too.

The memorial will soon clean up, but I fear if they catch the person that did it, they will thro the book at them.

I would have joined a march today, if I had known of one locally.

People should have a right to march, "Ch Supt Gerry Campbell said the "vast majority" of protestors had taken part peacefully", as most did, peacefully, and in other areas too.

The memorial will soon clean up, but I fear if they catch the person that did it, they will thro the book at them.

Oh yes - I agree they have the right to protest however misguided and anti democracy they are. But that line stops at the violence and the graffiti.

They cost a Police force and a country money we can ill afford to police them.

Well that escalated quickly.. from what i see they will be more to come, the country is divided, more cuts to come can only see things getting worse.

Riots in Baltimore, protests in London.

Are protests more civilized than riots? Do police handling protests get less dangerous objects hurtled at them and are the looters polite enough to notify business owners in advance that their premises are about to be trashed ? :hihi:

I did see it in the media but chose to ignore it. I would rather have watched the VE concert or media coverage of the VE parades.

I did see it in the media but chose to ignore it. I would rather have watched the VE concert or media coverage of the VE parades.

So you didn't watch the VE Day commemorations but you saw the London protests but ignored them?

So you didn't watch the VE Day commemorations but you saw the London protests but ignored them?

Lol no Sky news started with the riots so I flicked over to BBC and watched the coverage they were showing about the VE footage

Lol no Sky news started with the riots so I flicked over to BBC and watched the coverage they were showing about the VE footage

You should have watched it, courageous people who won the war and went on to create the welfare state and the NHS. They'd be shocked by what we've become!

---------- Post added 10-05-2015 at 23:14 ----------

"I would rather have watched" means you didn't watch it?

Edited by SteveJ68

You should have watched it, courageous people who won the war and went on to create the welfare state and the NHS. They'd be shocked by what we've become!

What? What exactly have we become?

Jesus god the way some people on here talk you would think that every hospital and GP surgery overnight has suddenly put up barriers with a entry fee and list of prices before patients are seen. It hasn't.

Get a grip. Some parts of the overfunded and badly managed NHS have been put forward for PROPOSED sell off. Some parts have already been shipped out to private business. A lot of which was done by LABOUR not the conservatives.

All this faux outrage about things which have not even happened yet (if at all) is becoming tiresome.

Lets get some facts. The NHS is in crisis. Its demands and needs have changed dramatically since its inception. The population has not only dramatically increased but people are also living much longer. The lifestyles of the population has changed dramatically and it cannot continue in its current form nor can it be a continually bottomless money put which absolutely must never ever be shrunk or criticised.

Not all nurses and doctors are angels. Not all aspects of the NHS are essential services which should be funded by taxpayers. A lot of it is unnecessary waste and its damn right it should be sold off or shut down.

Edited by ECCOnoob

People will carry on. Most people do and have done since the year dot. They aren't interested in politics, just trying to do the best for their nearest and dearest.

They may not be interested in politics but they sure are going to be affected by politics.

Oh yes - I agree they have the right to protest however misguided and anti democracy they are. But that line stops at the violence and the graffiti.

They cost a Police force and a country money we can ill afford to police them.

The government will just have to cut their benefits even more now to pay for it. :D

I wouldnt describe them as scum. I would describe people who voted for the tories as scum. I do however think they are wasting their time and all they can do is accept it like the rest of us and hope the decisions made in the next few years doesnt effect us as individuals in a negative way.