Antique shops in sheffield.

Which are the decent antique shops to visit in Sheffield.

I'm looking for a writing bureau that is still it's original wood , and not been painted to look shabby chic.

Been to a few places in Derbyshire but not found what i'm looking for, any ideas would be appreciated.

Try the nicholls building at Shalemoor, opposite the newish gym

Or just go down the antiques quarter

Period, style?

My fella likes the traditional styles, where you pull down the top part of the bureau down and use it to write on.

So not the bigger units where there is a gap for you to put a chair under they are to big.

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 18:48 ----------

Thank you for the replies...

Where abouts is the antiques quarter i've never heard of it.

Abbeydale Road, loads of them in that vicinity.

I got mine off ebay (writing bureau).

hello there try Dronfield antiques on Abbeydale road they have alot of furniture in there good luck with your search

There's only one real antique shop in Sheffield which is LAPADA registered and that's Salt's on Barmouth Road.

Otherwise go to the Rutland Antique Centre in Bakewell which has great selection of stock, but at a price. Last time I was there a couple of weeks ago one dealer had a fabulous Arts&Crafts writing bureau, all in original condition.

There's only one real antique shop in Sheffield which is LAPADA registered and that's Salt's on Barmouth Road.

Otherwise go to the Rutland Antique Centre in Bakewell which has great selection of stock, but at a price. Last time I was there a couple of weeks ago one dealer had a fabulous Arts&Crafts writing bureau, all in original condition.

Theres not only one 'real' antiques shop in Sheffield there are lots of antique shops many are full of **** but there are some good ones you can't have been to many or no what you are on about.

Try B.A.B Antiques at The Palace Mall @ Stocksbridge ( theres a facebook page for the mall with more info ) don`t usually open until around 10.30am