Dumping rubbish in beauty spot

Penistone999, you are being silly as usual. Even small trucks and vans are classed as commercial vehicles. Speak to any insurance company if you don't believe me. I thought this fact was common knowledge. By the way, this classification still stands irrelevant of the fact you may have bought the vehicle to use as your own family 'car'. It also makes a difference for tax, something HMRC cottoned on to when people started having them as company cars so as to reduce their company 'car' tax liability.

I know you will argue black is white but there are the facts:

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200084/bins_rubbish_and_recycling/144/find_a_household_waste_recycling_centre_or_recycling_point/3

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200019/commercial_waste_and_recycling/585/advice_on_business_waste

HMRC explaining commercial vehicles

https://www.gov.uk/reclaim-vat/cars

Penistone999, you are being silly as usual. Even small trucks and vans are classed as commercial vehicles. Speak to any insurance company if you don't believe me. I thought this fact was common knowledge. By the way, this classification still stands irrelevant of the fact you may have bought the vehicle to use as your own family 'car'. It also makes a difference for tax, something HMRC cottoned on to when people started having them as company cars so as to reduce their company 'car' tax liability.

I know you will argue black is white but there are the facts:

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200084/bins_rubbish_and_recycling/144/find_a_household_waste_recycling_centre_or_recycling_point/3

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200019/commercial_waste_and_recycling/585/advice_on_business_waste

HMRC explaining commercial vehicles

https://www.gov.uk/reclaim-vat/cars

Not everyone who owns a van uses it for commercial purposes , so again people who own vans but only have them for personal use get classed as trades people when it comes to using the dump it sites . what about the people who use vans for transporting their motorbikes to races for example , are they tradesmen , ? no they arnt.

Now my view on on fly tipping is this. I do not blame the van lads for the fly tipping , i blame the council . Going back some years before the council subbed out the dumps to Veolia , and the barriers went up the van lads got shut of their waste in the dumps , the lads at the dump earned a good drink out of it ,and the rubbish wasnt fly tipped. Everyone was a winner .

I heard somewhere that any owner of private land, even just a garden, is responsible for the cost of removing any fly tipped waste. This is so hard on the landowner.

Some places are regularly used as dumping grounds. I would think cctv would be well worth the cost, as opposed to clearing up someone else's rubbish.

I have vans but I can't use them to take rubbish to the tip yet I can use my 4x4 to take rubbish to the tip without an appointment I can just go at anytime,what's that all about crazy I rang the council up they said I have to register my van and I can only make three visits per year,but if I have any other vehicles in the household I can't use any of the vans,no wonder there is rubbish dumped everywhere,I was clearing my garage out one day and I rang them asking if I could use my van to take rubbish to the tip they said I could take it in my 4x4 but not in my van I said it's not commercial rubbish it's from my garage just old oil tins and scrap parts no they said not in your van:loopy:they even rang DVLA up to find out what vehicles are registered to my address and what business I do, like MI5 investigating or something.

I have vans but I can't use them to take rubbish to the tip yet I can use my 4x4 to take rubbish to the tip without an appointment I can just go at anytime,what's that all about crazy I rang the council up they said I have to register my van and I can only make three visits per year,but if I have any other vehicles in the household I can't use any of the vans,no wonder there is rubbish dumped everywhere,I was clearing my garage out one day and I rang them asking if I could use my van to take rubbish to the tip they said I could take it in my 4x4 but not in my van I said it's not commercial rubbish it's from my garage just old oil tins and scrap parts no they said not in your van:loopy:they even rang DVLA up to find out what vehicles are registered to my address and what business I do, like MI5 investigating or something.

The whole policy is stupid, ill thought out and clearly does not work . Like the stuff from your garage , you can take it in your 4x4 no questions asked but if you take the exact same things in your van you are refused entry. Absolute stupidity , you couldnt make it up.

As ive posted above, i personally know a couple of builders who bought old seven seat people carriers , which with the seats down are as big as small vans , and they transfer their rubbish from their van into that and just drive straight in the tip no questions asked.

A policy based on what vehicle you drive does not work , as has been proven .

The whole policy is stupid, ill thought out and clearly does not work . Like the stuff from your garage , you can take it in your 4x4 no questions asked but if you take the exact same things in your van you are refused entry. Absolute stupidity , you couldnt make it up.

As ive posted above, i personally know a couple of builders who bought old seven seat people carriers , which with the seats down are as big as small vans , and they transfer their rubbish from their van into that and just drive straight in the tip no questions asked.

A policy based on what vehicle you drive does not work , as has been proven .

You've just proved that it does work if you apply intelligence.

He means doesn't work from the councils point of view... agree with Penistone. Back home i went to Hillingdon council tip (area of nth west london just outside) and they were trying to charge a tenner unless i had a residents pass or sthing, to which i didnt because i live up here now. Wouldnt suprise me if they bring this kind of policy in elsewhere

You've just proved that it does work if you apply intelligence.

The explosion in fly tipping proves it dosnt work and never will

He means doesn't work from the councils point of view... agree with Penistone. Back home i went to Hillingdon council tip (area of nth west london just outside) and they were trying to charge a tenner unless i had a residents pass or sthing, to which i didnt because i live up here now. Wouldnt suprise me if they bring this kind of policy in elsewhere

Some of the posts in thr thread about are incorrect.....not that some people let facts stand in their way. :hihi:

You can't go in all 'tips' with 4x4s without a permit.

It does work from the councils point of view overall. As I keep saying, its a drop in the ocean......Also the council can't commit crime by allowing illegal waste deposits.

If you read my tweets I have given a link to legislation regarding charging at council tips. Some do charge. Councils can't now apply charges if they don't already charge but those that do will have to stop by a certain date. All the info is on my tweets if you want to read up.

The car park for the old Loxley College site may not be a beauty spot but it doesn't mean that people should dump this type of rubbish there:

Fridge freezer wrapping.

But they forgot to take off all identifying marks: Label.

So, if you know someone called L Kirk who has had a new Beko fridge freezer from Argos recently tell him his mess has been cleared up.

I had something similar to the above when a large cardboard box was left on my street. It belonged to AN Other who had left their name on it. I discussed it with their next door neighbour, who I know, and was told they don't have a bin and deposit their rubbish in other people's or leave it on the street as in this case. I phoned Veolia and was told I am not allowed to order a bin on behalf of others. Let the fly tipping continue. I will now be ordering two bins for my neighbour and I and donated the extra to the binless litterers.

Thats £41 million that would have been saved if they just let vans into the dump it sites. complete false economy because the council are getting the rubbish to dispose of weather its taken into the dump it sites or fly tipped , yet it seems they would rather waste millions of pounds of tax payers money cleaning up fly tipping rather than admit they got it wrong when the stopped vans using the dumps.

Hear Hear

I collected 4 old tyres and some other rubbish that had been dumped on a country road at Dore and took them up to Blackstock Rd.

They wouldn't accept them.

So I took them back and dumped them where I found them.