Will you leave UK when NHS is privatised?

Will you leave UK when NHS is privatised?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will you leave UK when NHS is privatised?

No, but they do make some wonderful crime dramas. Looks like Denmark isn't really equal either http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-11-23/rich-getting-richer-welcomed-in-denmark-as-welfare-gets-facelift

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 22:42 ----------

Did that happen just after 2010 because I'll bet there are loads of threads about the lack of doctors appointments on here dating back since well before that.

nope that was just few months leading up to the election,

its been pretty hard to avoid unless people have been living with paper bags over there head,

its been on the bbc/itv news requesting that people should only go to hospital if only genuinely need it,

as well as people dying in the back of ambulances due to the lack of room in the hospital or not enough crew to deal with the injured, need i go on ?

its been well documented on tv up to the election the state of the nhs which includes doctors surgery's.

Edited by Leadhammer

nope that was just few months leading up to the election,

its been pretty hard to avoid unless people have been living with paper bags over there head,

its been on the bbc/itv news requesting that people should only go to hospital if only genuinely need it,

as well as people dying in the back of ambulances due to the lack of room in the hospital or not enough crew to deal with the injured, need i go on ?

its been well documented on tv up to the election the state of the nhs which includes doctors surgery's.

...and pre-2010 it was all so much better. Right?

Could the NHS really be privatised? wouldn't we have rioting in the streets before it came to that? I read the NHS was the envy of the world surely it just needs stream lining and fat trimming rather than privatising.

This thread is so funny. All the lefties are going to clear off because they lost the election. If only.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Welp I'm staying and have a couple of passports that let me go pretty much anywhere in the world. :hihi::hihi:

Wow, you really have been hit hard. I'd really like to understand.

How much less do you earn now than in 2009, and what on earth happened in your life to effect that change?

You must have been a heavy user of public services to be so affected, which of these changes negatively affected your life, and how?

I hope thats doesn't seem judgemental, I'm really interested in hearing in your own words about your personal experiences over the last 5 years to get a better understanding of the reasons that are making you emigrate.

For me its impossible to judge, back in 2009/10 I was living and working in Odense, Denmark. There are pro’s and cons to living anywhere, in Denmark you do pay a fortune in taxes but you get a lot back in return.

The Danes truly are centuries ahead of us in terms of amenities, parks, recreation, architecture, planning and quality of life. Just visit Copenhagen and you’ll see for yourself.

In my experience apart from when Danes are in shops for some bizarre reason, they're extremely warm, welcoming, accommodating, helpful, happy, unstressed people. They do drink lots of alcohol, often in the streets which is probably because bars charge a fortune for alcohol beverages, but they behave respectfully, never (rarely) cause trouble and always take their litter home. It is very people friendly, safe and there is always something going on. You rarely see litter but do see a fair amount of graffitt tagging.

I will miss the rugged countryside surrounding Sheffield but nothing else. I’ve noticed in UK we’re too stressed at work, in the streets, when we’re driving etc etc... people here generally are becoming nastier, more untidy, more disrespectful, more racist and judgemental, especially so towards immigrants, the poor and disabled.

I do not want to live in a society full of hate which treats its vulnerable residents with contempt. I was probably poorer working and living in Odense, but not stressed, much healthier and happier, or 'hygge' as they say in Danish which means happy and togetherness. Your environment and the people around probably has a bigger impact on your well-being than what you think.

---------- Post added 10-05-2015 at 01:39 ----------

This thread is so funny. All the lefties are going to clear off because they lost the election. If only.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The left, right wing labels are odd, misleading and probably old fashioned. I don't vote and probably never will. I believe in all personal freedoms and almost absolute zero state interference which often labels me a right winger, but I also believe in safety nets which labels me a lefty.

The more I travel, the more short changed I feel we British are. We're constantly told we have the best this and the best that, and it's nonsense. We are in a mess and it's obvious in all sorts of ways, our infrastructure, for instance, is dated and barely fit for porpose, and needs mega amounts spending on it to bring it up to scratch. And the place is filthy with litter and rubbish everywhere.

The worst thing though, in my opinion, is the way people are changing. They are becoming petty, hard and unpleasant, and seem to be dividing up into factions - by race, religion, age groups, chavs, snobs, and so on. I believe it might be caused by a very basic level of insecurity. We certainly all seem desperate to hang on to what we have, and seem quick to turn on each other. Greed is setting in, along with a 'greed is good' mentality.

Generalisations of course, but what I see is not nice.

Edited by Anna B

The more I travel, the more short changed I feel we British are. We're constantly told we have the best this and the best that, and it's nonsense. We are in a mess and it's obvious in all sorts of ways, our infrastructure, for instance, is dated and barely fit for porpose, and needs mega amounts spending on it to bring it up to scratch. And the place is filthy with litter and rubbish everywhere.

The worst thing though, in my opinion, is the way people are changing. They are becoming petty, hard and unpleasant, and seem to be dividing up into factions - by race, religion, age groups, chavs, snobs, and so on. I believe it might be caused by a very basic level of insecurity. We certainly all seem desperate to hang on to what we have, and seem quick to turn on each other. Greed is setting in, along with a 'greed is good' mentality.

Generalisations of course, but what I see is not nice.

Couldn't agree more, Odense and Copenhagen where I've lived are from perfect and still have their inequalities, crime, gangs, drugs, unemployment etc etc...but in comparison to the UK it feels and looks like its almost been obliterated.

Everyone I met was relaxed, courteous, helpful and friendly. Infrastructure is pleasant, organized and not restrictive. They seem to trust one another and look out for others when they're going about there everyday business. Copenhagen even has bike butlers who check folks bikes and fix them for free!

The Danes would be ashamed of their country if they had disabled people dying because of welfare reforms, millions at foodbanks. We in the UK however relish in it, we love kicking people when they're down, especially if they're unfortunate enough to be on benefits.

I hate what this country has become, it has become an increasingly nasty, resentful and shamefully embarrassing place to live.

Couldn't agree more, Odense and Copenhagen where I've lived are from perfect and still have their inequalities, crime, gangs, drugs, unemployment etc etc...but in comparison to the UK it feels and looks like its almost been obliterated.

Everyone I met was relaxed, courteous, helpful and friendly. Infrastructure is pleasant, organized and not restrictive. They seem to trust one another and look out for others when they're going about there everyday business. Copenhagen even has bike butlers who check folks bikes and fix them for free!

The Danes would be ashamed of their country if they had disabled people dying because of welfare reforms, millions at foodbanks. We in the UK however relish in it, we love kicking people when they're down, especially if they're unfortunate enough to be on benefits.

I hate what this country has become, it has become an increasingly nasty, resentful and shamefully embarrassing place to live.

And abandoning it is going to fix all that.

Trust me, the grass is always greener on the other side.

When my daughters older and independent I'll be emigrating to Copenhagen. I suspect plenty more people will leave UK when NHS is privatised. So will you be leaving UK when NHS is fully privatised?

Bye bye. Have fun. Don't let the door slam on your way out.

No, we stand and fight

I hope you mean vote? Or is violence against the democratic will of the people your answer?

well, that all depends on if the UK leaves the EU, as the tories promised they would do :-\ ... then you may need to worry about meeting visa requirements in Denmark

Offering a vote on membership of the EU is not leaving the organisation.

Renegotiation of terms is what is promised