The Plough-sandygate

[/b]

Bet if it was a Waitrose convenience store or an M&S Simply Food, you would be falling over yourself to send in a letter of support, as would most of the local population. Snobs :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Ha ha,:hihi: no pal, too many pubs going to the wall these days.

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 14:05 ----------

Like Grapps says the pubco have run it into the ground. Really the local MP needs to be looking into it, its still a very viable pub, just not a viable "pubco pub" because they are all #@#$.

Honestly pubco's are the biggest bunch of incompetent crooks going. They are destroying our heritage and we are letting them.

Apparently he turned up at the last residents meeting and is looking into it

The main problem is that it is an Enterprise pub....

That's a terrible tale. It's potentially a really nice pub. The area could really do with one (preferably a few).

We need to keep this as a pub as it's in an area where there aren't many. Thornbridge or a similar upgrade would be perfect. Ignoring Hallam FC is clearly a daft policy.

That's a terrible tale. It's potentially a really nice pub. The area could really do with one (preferably a few).

We need to keep this as a pub as it's in an area where there aren't many. Thornbridge or a similar upgrade would be perfect. Ignoring Hallam FC is clearly a daft policy.

I don't think they ignore Hallam FC Bilge, the footy clyb looked at the number of people walking across to the oub and decided to open their own bar and function room.

I agree, no other pub in walking distance for locals, bit too far to Crosspool or up to the Shiny Sheff for some of the older residents.

Needs a Thornbridge though, or Greene-King or someone else who brews their own beer and can make good profit on it.

Agree what others say about the pbco's

Simply putting another manager in it without investment will not get punters in.

Interestingly the next pub you come across on that road has had similar problems(see the Shiny Sheff thread)

I don't think they ignore Hallam FC Bilge, the footy clyb looked at the number of people walking across to the oub and decided to open their own bar and function room.

OK, good for them. Even better if there is a decent pub across the road too - be nice to have both.

Agree what others say about the pbco's

Simply putting another manager in it without investment will not get punters in.

Interestingly the next pub you come across on that road has had similar problems(see the Shiny Sheff thread)

Yes I know the Shiny Sheff is set to re-open shortly. Some good pubs in the area, and in Summer, a nice walk to The Three Merry Lads/Sportsman, or down to Broomhill (Fox and Duck, York, Nottingham House).

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 16:44 ----------

Sheffield Telegraph mention the Plough here

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/business/petition-sparked-by-fears-for-sheffield-pub-1-7246306

The Plough had it made between 1982 and 1984, when it was converted into a Fun pub. The reason there is a false ceiling in half of the building hides the fact that half of the top floor was ripped out to accommodate a huge hanging plough in its 1982 refurb. It worked best when it targeted the youth market, for a couple of years it was 18-20 somethings and was rammed all the time......ever since then it has died slowly but surely.......

The Plough had it made between 1982 and 1984, when it was converted into a Fun pub. The reason there is a false ceiling in half of the building hides the fact that half of the top floor was ripped out to accommodate a huge hanging plough in its 1982 refurb. It worked best when it targeted the youth market, for a couple of years it was 18-20 somethings and was rammed all the time......ever since then it has died slowly but surely.......

Door closed and lights out tonight.

I asked a mate who goes in regularly and he says that they are interviewing for a new couple as the last ones just got the bullet.

Anyone know what's happening. Looks pretty closed tonight when I went past.

I am sure the last couple who ran it, mentioned last week that the management company has been interviewing new people to take over. Not saying that is 100% the case, Just remember them saying that. I also heard Enterprise had told the pub management company that they were not the right people for the pub, and to move them on.

We will have to wait and see.

---------- Post added 31-05-2015 at 09:33 ----------

I am sure the last couple who ran it, mentioned last week that the management company has been interviewing new people to take over. Not saying that is 100% the case, Just remember them saying that. I also heard Enterprise had told the pub management company that they were not the right people for the pub, and to move them on.

We will have to wait and see.

Looks like new managers have already been in, looking around, so maybe it will open again this week.

All part of the manager merry-go-round at the pub!

They've struggled to get new tenants. Such a shame as it has real potential.

Went past it tonight and it looked well and truly open. Is Stuart the laughing boy still there?