The Plough-sandygate

Any idea if a decision has been made on this? Maybe it has been delayed again.

It has recently had graffiti sprayed on both the screens around the builders' junk, the parked cars and the stonework of the building itself. The words still visible on the building may have been done by kids judging by the language used. I wonder if it's all meant to make the building look more 'derelict' and therefore justify its demolition?

Knock it down, nobody ended up using it in the end. 

Planning decision delayed by the virus.

Enforcement action taken earlier this month to make him tidy up the site a bit (unauthorised change of use to builder's yard). So the portacabin and cars without reg plates have gone. It still looks a total mess though and the building continues to deteriorate. 

It's a classic case of use it or lose it. The Plough used to be a thriving pub, then people's habits changed and the customers moved on, died, or just drank at home. New homes are by far and away the best future for this site because there isn't a fairy godmother coming along to turn it back into a pub any time soon. 

It's a catch 22, it was great location for me but I stopped going in there because nobody was looking after the beer, maybe because they were trying to keep costs down due to lack of custom. But if they had served better quality beer I would have kept going in and giving them my custom.

Bet the neighbours will be glad to see it gone been an eyesore for too long.

The neighbours want to keep it. So do loads of other people. It's only an eyesore now because the bloke who bought it tried to change use to a builder's yard.

Decision by the councillors today. Hopefully they will say no to demolition and yes to keeping Sheffield's heritage.

Edited by Bilge

42 minutes ago, Bilge said:

The neighbours want to keep it. So do loads of other people. <snip>

To what use do the neighbours and loads of other people envisage it being put?

Has anyone put forward a business plan to ensure its sustainability?

Good news, saved for now. Application refused thanks to the chair after a tied vote.

Edited by Colin Foster

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Would be lovely if returned to a pub which celebrates its history, serves good beer and food and becomes a utilised part of the community.