The Plough-sandygate

can't see it listed on Crosthwaite commercial site at present

I’ve heard today from a reliable source that it has been let and is going to re-open as a pub.

Excellent news, if true - however, there’s many a slip ‘twixt cup and lip.

Edited by susie1

can't see it listed on Crosthwaite commercial site at present

I’ve heard today from a reliable source that it has been let and is going to re-open as a pub.

Excellent news, if true - however, there’s many a slip ‘twixt cup and lip.

Yes I just heard from Martin Crosthwaite, its under off at present, so something should be happening there. be great to have it back as a great local

Yes I just heard from Martin Crosthwaite, its under off at present, so something should be happening there. be great to have it back as a great local

It's to let here:

http://crosthwaitecommercial.com/property/the-plough-inn-sheffield

It wouldn't need a lot doing to re-open as a pub. Let's hope it happens.

What it would need is a lot more customers than have patronised it in the past.

Hopefully as an independent free house they can offer what more potential customers want

If everyone who posted regarding its future actually spent money in there it wouldn't have shut down in the first place.

Simple facts.

Words and public action groups don't save a pub, spending a good deal of money on a weekly basis have a better effect.

The Plough will never be a viable proposition as a public house because the demographics of the area don't support the maths.

I would love to be proved wrong and watch with interest.

If everyone who posted regarding its future actually spent money in there it wouldn't have shut down in the first place.

Simple facts.

Words and public action groups don't save a pub, spending a good deal of money on a weekly basis have a better effect.

The Plough will never be a viable proposition as a public house because the demographics of the area don't support the maths.

It wasn’t a very good pub in latter years, that’s why I seldom went. I imagine others thought the same. It can improve. It’s a nice old building, wealthy area, room to expand its food offer, space outside, historic football connection etc.

Countless other pubs nationally used to struggle but now thrive. For example, just locally, the Rising Sun at Nether Green and the York in Broomhill.

Guest makapaka

I agree - other than the rent etc I don’t think there’s any reason it can’t do as well as the othe pubs of similar size in and around the area. There’s nothing decent really in Crosspool pub wise at all.

Hopefully as an independent free house they can offer what more potential customers want

You can't put a business plan together based on hope.

Simple facts.

Sadly agree with this many have tried and failed over the years,even though a few do well like the rising sun most local pubs seem to struggle the Shiny Sheff just up the road has had a lot spent on it but is rarely busy when I go past.

Sadly agree with this many have tried and failed over the years,even though a few do well like the rising sun most local pubs seem to struggle the Shiny Sheff just up the road has had a lot spent on it but is rarely busy when I go past.

You should go in, rather than go past.

Take a friend too.