Tram Stop Accident Manor Top

A vauxhall vectra has some how managed to be half way up the tram stop on the wrong side of the road on spring lane towards the Manor Top which has caused problems on the trams. My question is how can someone go so wrong

Edited by haddy
more information on location Spring Lane

as in manor top and Sheffield lane top

Supertram have posted a photo of the incident on their Twitter site - looks like this happened at the Spring Lane tram stop. Seems apparent that a silver Vauxhall Vectra was stuck, with two wheels on the tram platform & two wheels on the road - with the underside of the car jammed on the concrete edge of the platform due to the height of the platform above the road level. As the OP said, the car's on the wrong side of the road too!

I too am wondering how on earth this happened?

In a similar vein a badly smashed up Astra's been abandoned on the grass verge at the Hollinsend Rd / Ridgeway Rd crossroads for nearly a week now - it's badly damaged on both sides, looks like it's been hit at the crossroads & shoved sideways into the railings. One door's been ripped open leaving jagged metal exposed, one window & two tyres have gone too. Seems to be an accident at that junction every couple of weeks or so - anyone with a bit of time to spare to watch the traffic will see that many drivers appear to treat the red lights as "optional" there!

Link to the photo here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEE8iWcWgAAgy3y.jpg:large

I'm baffled.

Brilliant! :hihi:

A vector some how has managed to be half way up the tram stop on the wrong side of the road towards Manor Top which has caused problems on the trams. My question is how can someone go so wrong

I see you meant Vectra - you did have me confused until I saw the picture.

So many errors in the opening post: a "vector" and also the wrong location. Can someone get it fixed?

It's actually spring lane so your all wrong

Link to the photo here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEE8iWcWgAAgy3y.jpg:large

I'm baffled.

Simple really. This is at least the third one that's done this including a police car.

Coming too fast down City Road to take the bend onto Spring Lane. At the far end of the tram stop (on the photo) the kerb is only at normal height. He/She

might have been braking but once the car is on the high part it's sliding on its

underside. By the way the police car was in pursuit of another car which managed to take the bend.

Edited by LOLBROO
signed twice/spelling mistake

Ooh please, Miss, let me join the pedants, Miss. Please, please, please.

It's actually "you're".

Ooh please, Miss, let me join the pedants, Miss. Please, please, please.

It's actually "you're".

It's hardly pedantic to say the wrong location is in the thread title given this incident happened a good half KM away.

I got it right - so we weren't "all wrong"...!