Hiya! Has anyone got any views on Parsons Cross? What's it like to live there? has it got good transport links? a friend of mine is thinking about buying a house there, so any opinions would be appreciated before he does! Cheers!

(p.s. he's also looked at DeepCar. Is that nice?)

I would rather live in Deep car, or somewhere near to it like stocksbridge!

It depends what 'they' want :)

Parson Cross used to be OK, then it all went pear shaped and the estate's now the North Sheffield equivalent of the lower Manor.

I live at parson cross and l think it depends on what part of the cross your thinking of.

Deepcar seems to be an alright place but it might be a bit of pain if your going into town a lot.

Iv got family in Parson cross its great its nice and local, to places such as Town, Firth Park, Hillsbrough,m.hall, Centertainment. Their is also a few lots of local shops aswell.

My mum lives in Deepcar and again its really nice but not very convinient for town or anything as its a bit of a way out. Its like local place for local people ( not my cup of tea) but it depends what you prefere!

Originally posted by fuzbuz

My mum lives in Deepcar and again its really nice but not very convinient for town or anything as its a bit of a way out. Its like local place for local people ( not my cup of tea) but it depends what you prefere!

it's definitely Royston Vasey territory out Stocksbridge/ Deepcar.

If you cannot trace your family back at least three generations, living in Stocksbridge, You're a "Comer" and viewed as being as welcome as a dose of (Cough) VD.

I used to live at Stocksbridge, and although the old couple who lived immediately next door to me were lovely, I found the area to be terribly "Clannish".

One neighbour berated me something chronic, (!!!) for taking a council house there, saying "My daughter, who is from round here could have had that house instead of the council giving it to you! Why didn't you get housed in your own part of sheffield?!?" (bearing in mind the fact that I had split up with my husband, and had been rehoused, under the Homeless rules.. you take what you're offered or you get "nowt", basically... and, I had actually asked for rehousing in the mosborough area where my family lived...) now, that incident would have been funny, if the daughter in question had not needed a three-bedroomed house, and the house I had was only a two-bedroomed property.

Oh, the irony. ::loopy::

Finally, after three years, and a lot of wrangling (after more problems of that ilk, and worse) and the threat of a court case against the council for acting against their own rehousing policy, I was finally rehoused where I was near my family.

Oh, the relief! It was like haven with the gates shut, as my old mum used to say!

There are some godawful areas of Sheffield, and I am afraid that , IMHO, that area comes under that category.

PT

Ok, thanks, that'll give him something to think about! Thanks guys. Spiky x

Now't down for Deepcar/Stocksbridge slopeheads