Driving whilst been on phone

Theres no excuse for using your phone whilst driving,its one of my pet hates.

You should have been fined and got your points..

should have had a driving ban

Anyone arrogantly driving with a mobile phone at their ear should have the hand thats holding it chopped off, a hideous offence that there is no reason whatsoever to carry out.

Anyone arrogantly driving with a mobile phone at their ear should have the hand thats holding it chopped off, a hideous offence that there is no reason whatsoever to carry out.

Lol - would he be ok if he did it without being arrogant?

:loopy:

Lol - would he be ok if he did it without being arrogant?

:loopy:

None do so its not a problem :hihi:

"been on phone"

What kind of English is that?

should have had a driving ban

at last someone with a bit of sense. Well said

Their doing it for red light jumpers too now.

Ive just been offered it instead of 3 points .

Yeah, it's the same course to cover both. Someone I know did one recently (for using a phone whilst driving). He said there was a woman there for running a red light, and as she drove off afterwards, she was on her mobile, so I'm not sure how effective it was!

Do you have any figures on accidents caused by people using their mobile phones whilst driving or are you just being reactionary?

I don't doubt it's more dangerous than not doing it but the amount of people on this thread parroting the party line without a shred of information is astounding.

Their doing it for red light jumpers too now.

Ive just been offered it instead of 3 points .

Bloody Hell. They'll be offering murder awareness courses before long.

Do you have any figures on accidents caused by people using their mobile phones whilst driving or are you just being reactionary?

I don't doubt it's more dangerous than not doing it but the amount of people on this thread parroting the party line without a shred of information is astounding.

Try any Google search:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2591148/One-four-car-accidents-caused-cell-phone-use-driving-five-cent-blamed-texting.html

http://www.rospa.com/road-safety/advice/drivers/distraction/mobile-phones/

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-accident/cause-of-accident/cell-phone/cell-phone-statistics.html

And so forth.

And RoSPA et Al are quite clear that hands-free makes bugger-all difference on occasions.

It all depends on how the driver manages the level of distraction, hands-free or hand-held.

Edited by DT Ralge

Hardly a deed that requires transportation to Australia. Make it law you can drive while on the tellingbone, but if you cause an accident or worse then jail time should be implemented and served without time off for ANY reason.

Angel.

What utter claptrap. :loopy:

I don't know the address, but you shouldn't have been on your phone in the first place. You're lucky you got away with just an awareness course. I hope you find the place and the course will help you see the error of your ways. Some people find out the hard way (and bring innocent people into it)

What an utterly useless and self righteous post.

OP. Ive only had a quick look so see if these are any use

http://www.ttc-uk.com/Maps.aspx?CourseID=1&RegionID=1&LanguageGuid=77250FD4-B93C-4A13-AF7B-363CA32820B0&id=C7E8281D-A717-42B5-9164-8D2AAA19D35E