Gate marking, potential dog theft!

Just to let people be aware that some one tried to steal my sons 6 month old lab last night. They are in Eckington the dog was out side in the enclosed garden and they came through the gate. Luckily the were disturbed. This morning they noticed a white paint mark on their newl wooden gate.

Awful, how scary for your son :( The dog is chipped, yes? Have the police commented on any similar cases nearby? Get the paint mark cleared off asap.

A friend had a similar thing happen, Lowedges way last year but fortunately nothing further came of it.

Hopefully nothing further will come of it. I am glad we have SF to make people aware of these things going on!

Yes the dog is chipped. They have been told that a dog was taken the same night just up the road from them .It told them to phone the police.

How do you know they where after the dog and not going to try and rob the house or leaflet posters or even just kid's wanting to play with it. As for the paint mark i would not worry as this is an urban myth that has been all over the world and goning for years.

It was at 10.30 at night so dont think it was kids wanting to play with the dog.As for leaflet distribition i dont think so as their letter box is on the front of the house and this was on the back gate.