Appeal for another cyclist left seriously injured by a motorist

APPEAL: Did you see a collision in the Dore area that left a cyclist with serious injuries?

At around 6.40pm on Wednesday 29 April, it is reported that a bicycle was travelling along Hathersage Road towards Sheffield.

At the junction with Long Line, it is reported that the bicycle and a dark-coloured car were in collision.

The car reportedly failed to stop at the scene.

The cyclist, a man in his 40s, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.

Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision, or anyone who may have seen a dark coloured car in the area around the time of the crash, to call 101 quoting incident number 854 of 29 April 2015.

I ride that road quite often but wasn't out last night. Pure speculation, but I'm guessing the driver pulled out of Long Line junction heading directly across the road to Dore. Even though the speed limit was dropped from 60 to 50 some time ago, around that junction it should be dropped to 30 IMO

Hope the guy will make a full recovery

Driver came up Hathersage road and turned up long line straight in front of him.

I saw this poor cyclist on the floor it was above Dore his bike had lost its wheels and was a right mess and the ambulance was on site.

It didn.t look good and thought the worse as he was not moving and laying flat on his back.

I was in the car going toward Fox House and his bike was facing towards town looked like he was travelling from Derbyshire towards Dore and a car pulled out of the junction on the left, sorry I have no proof of that just saying what it looked like...Hope is recovers fully

Someone on Facebook (think s/he or someone s/he knows saw it) says the car is a black Honda. Here's hoping social media does its thing.

Someone on Facebook (think s/he or someone s/he knows saw it) says the car is a black Honda. Here's hoping social media does its thing.

Another one in Sheffield it gets worse not helped by the anti cyclist Taliban on Sheffield forum.

Does anyone know the rider and how he is?

I hope he can recover OK from all his injuries.

Does anyone know the rider and how he is?

I hope he can recover OK from all his injuries.

He is sedated and stable, looks positive.

He is sedated and stable, looks positive.

Glad to hear that, at least. Thanks.

Aye, because that narrows it down(!)

What do you suggest? Everyone to grab their pitchforks and attack all the owners of black Honda Civics in Sheffield and Derbyshire?

Aye, because that narrows it down(!)

What do you suggest? Everyone to grab their pitchforks and attack all the owners of black Honda Civics in Sheffield and Derbyshire?

To be more specific it is a black Honda on a 51 plate with front end and front nearside damage.