Stolen bike waitrose 29-04-2015

STOLEN BIKE

My silver rock rider 5.5 , with black front shocks, Michelin front tyre, and turquoise blue handle grips, has been stolen today from outside waitrose locked up with the other bikes. If anyone sees it about, or is offered it for sale, please get in touch..

Gutted, my only possession of any financial value... Took over 8 years to save after replacing last robbed one..

Please look out, bike thieves are scum.

That's awful! The thieving scum. Do you have any photos of it that can be shared? Hope you're ok :(

I've seen an advertisement for bike pedals with built in GPs to track stolen bikes but there was no info on a supplier ,anyone know where to get these ?

I don't know how bad bike theft is in Sheffield now but a good way to catch the thief's is to put a relatively attractive cycle near a station or supermarket and wait for a thief to come, like fishing. They call them bait bikes in Netherlands and every city uses them with either camera's, security guards, GPS. Very effective way of catching the ones who do it.

I don't know how bad bike theft is in Sheffield now but a good way to catch the thief's is to put a relatively attractive cycle near a station or supermarket and wait for a thief to come, like fishing.

The police do that in the city centre and have tracking devices on them. There was a bike locked up outside Tesco's on West Street yesterday that I thought could be one.

I get lunch at Waitrose most days (assuming we're talking about the one off St Marys Gate), so I'll keep an eye out for the bike.

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/spybikeseatpost.jsp

I haven't bought one, so I can't recommend it, but I've considered the idea.

what a great invention..:)

I get lunch at Waitrose most days (assuming we're talking about the one off St Marys Gate), so I'll keep an eye out for the bike.

The thief is hardly going to go back there with it, is he? :D

what a great invention..:)

One small issue is the part that says:

"Arm the tracker"

Does that mean you've got to turn it on everytime you want protection, can't it just be on all the time and you contact the tracker when you want a location??

Seems like the one time you forget to arm it is the one time the bike gets nicked.

STOLEN BIKE

My silver rock rider 5.5 , with black front shocks, Michelin front tyre, and turquoise blue handle grips, has been stolen today from outside waitrose locked up with the other bikes. If anyone sees it about, or is offered it for sale, please get in touch..

Gutted, my only possession of any financial value... Took over 8 years to save after replacing last robbed one..

Please look out, bike thieves are scum.

Sorry to hear that. Had my Kona stolen last year.

check ebay, gumtree and sheff forum for adverts in the next few weeks. You never know...

The thief is hardly going to go back there with it, is he? :D

I think he just wants everybody to know he has his lunch in Waitrose.