City taxis buyout Mercury taxis in uber scare

No it's not. It's fare & £2.

We've paid fare and a half twice today

Apologies, my mistake, it is fare plus half today. When was this announced? I thought it was +£2?

Apologies, my mistake, it is fare plus half today. When was this announced? I thought it was +£2?

They haven't 'announced' it as such. As they are now the biggest taxi firm they think they can make themselves a bit more money. 3 cabs last night, total spend £6!

That was before city bought Mercury out,

Absolute joke worst taxi firm ever charging silly prices

forget it.

Edited by *_ash_*

Fuel at its lowest since 2008, heading allegedly towards 86p a litre. No reduction in standard taxi fares? So all the difference between 97p a litre and 1.35 a litre is now additional earnings....Maybe the council should be reviewing the prices down, taxi companies were quick to plead poverty as prices rose.

16 free rides now on Uber, used in Sheffield, Manchester, London and Boston USA. My pub run is £1.50 cheaper on Uber. How/why people haven't caught on yet I don't know. And now it is using Rotherham drivers it is surging less and there are more cars available.

Just got my rating too, 40+ journeys and i'm averaging 4.9, perfect customer :P .

Edited by jamesogt
Whoops litre!

Fuel at its lowest since 2008, heading allegedly towards 86p a gallon.

£0.86 a gallon? Wow that is cheap...

Fuel at its lowest since 2008, heading allegedly towards 86p a litre. No reduction in standard taxi fares? So all the difference between 97p a litre and 1.35 a litre is now additional earnings....Maybe the council should be reviewing the prices down, taxi companies were quick to plead poverty as prices rose.

16 free rides now on Uber, used in Sheffield, Manchester, London and Boston USA. My pub run is £1.50 cheaper on Uber. How/why people haven't caught on yet I don't know. And now it is using Rotherham drivers it is surging less and there are more cars available.

Just got my rating too, 40+ journeys and i'm averaging 4.9, perfect customer :P .

And did the prices go up? No. They haven't gone up for over 5 years.

Edited by *_ash_*

Do UBER taxis have the same road exemptions as registered taxis?

Can they use bus lanes and traffic gates etc?

Do UBER taxis have the same road exemptions as registered taxis?

Can they use bus lanes and traffic gates etc?

In the UK Uber are registered private hire.

They follow all the same rules and have all the same advantages as City the difference is a superior app and international recognition.

In the UK Uber are registered private hire.

They follow all the same rules and have all the same advantages as City the difference is a superior app and international recognition.

They dont seem to have any external licensing apart from the door stickers.

So anyone could just get a couple of UBER stickers and beat the rush hour traffic?