City taxis buyout Mercury taxis in uber scare

Have you actually saved money? Just because an operator claims you will doesn't mean you do!

Yes.

A. The first ride is always free up to 10 or 15 quid.

B. They are at least 20% cheaper, usually more compared to black cabs.

It amazes me how judgemental people can be about something they haven't tried.

I am that indeed !

As I say who wants to listen to the bu::::it you drivers talk and stink too !!! Come on robots

What bull have I written?

I don't stink either.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.

I don't want technology to 'enhance' my life. I like to do things myself.

Like you, I don't want to be on ever increasing databases, rely on ever more electronic payment systems, be reachable on a mobile phone at all waking hours of my life and have others expect me to be happy to join in!

You're not. I like to be able to ring up and actually speak to a human being. Mercury never ever let me down. City so far have provided an excellent service. I usually book for early morning rail journeys cos no buses when I need to be at the station. So until they seriously let me down I will use Mercury/City.

I always leave time so that if I have to drive there and park and they don't arrive I have that window but as a civil servant I would be reclaiming the parking. I don't reclaim the taxi fare tho I could no bus being available at the time I have to leave cos I ain't walking 30 mins to station. I could claim the taxi but I don't so a reliable taxi is essenitial. I do have a mobile but is strictly work issue so a brick and doesn't do apps - we're talking basic phone calls and text and that's yer lot so Uber is something for work I will never use

Have you actually saved money? Just because an operator claims you will doesn't mean you do!

So many people jump on the technology bandwagon. It amazes me how gullible people are.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 20:24 ----------

Hear hear!

What a ridiculous post.

It's cheaper. Simple as.

Yes, I've saved well over £100 using Uber.

The "operator" tells you the approximate fare. For example between £10-£12. I've never been charged above the higher quite and it's usually been towards the lower end. This estimation has been less than any available private hire taxi I've contacted in every single occasion.

Please explain how I'm being gullible when I'm saving money AND getting a better service.

Sounds like you are the very definition of the word "gullible" there, Swordfish. Saving money eh? You utterly gullible person :D :D

Why is it that gullible people don't use buses? :huh:

Why is it that gullible people don't use buses? :huh:

The "gullible" Swordfish may be using taxis outside of bus service hours, of course.

The "gullible" Swordfish may be using taxis outside of bus service hours, of course.

Yeah, right... :huh:

... like I'm going to believe that! ;)

Yeah, right... :huh:

... like I'm going to believe that! ;)

You do have a point though. For me, a taxi would be a last resort.

Just been serving a City taxi driver in my shop - I asked him about Uber. He said he was moving across very shortly and that a lot of his co-workers were moving too.

You do have a point though. For me, a taxi would be a last resort.

Not sure if a whooosh is in order there? :D

My last resort would be... Blackpool.

:blush: (Oh dear... I'm getting worse by the minute)

I thought you were suggesting that people who spend money on taxis in the first place are gullible anyway, given buses are cheaper.