City taxis buyout Mercury taxis in uber scare

Yes it's all true !!!! We should welcome competition not ridicule it,

OH and you did reply ! Lmfao

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 16:25 ----------

Oh and as for robots driving us around well the sooner the better !! I've had some really stinky city drivers and I even gave feedback on one occasion as every time he spoke to us we had to restrain from vomiting as the stench from his mouth was like he had eaten something dead !!! On top of the B.O too . But city never replied !!!!!!!!!!!! Come on robots I say

I'd love to see the expenses claims before and after Uber came along. The fact that it's often cheaper but also doesn't include 'tips' means its going to save a lot of cash for business/public sector. Journeys where I used to claim back £10 now come in at £6/7 and I have a clear receipt that I can print and use.

I wonder if Uber will setup some kind or professional service??

So the user logs in an orders a taxi as normal, but the cost is billed straight to the company and a receipt is automatically e-mailed over to the finance department.

Like Uber for business you mean... https://www.uber.com/business

As for Google putting humans drivers out of business, it's hard, but it's progress. The same thing has happened constantly since farm workers smashed machinery during the industrial revolution.

Get on board or get left behind (pun intended )

Be careful what you wish for.

Do we really want an important part of the local economy to be controlled and dictated from San Francisco?

is this taxi service only accessible by mobile phone and credit card as there are people who do not have mobile phones and do not use credit cards, if this is so it is not available for everyone especially older people

is this taxi service only accessible by mobile phone and credit card as there are people who do not have mobile phones and do not use credit cards, if this is so it is not available for everyone especially older people

Yes, which is why at City you can use the Phone Apps, or actually speak to people, and also prebook taxis.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 21:09 ----------

My best friend works at City [...]

Oh and as for robots driving us around well the sooner the better !!

Some best mate you are :roll:

Yes, which is why at City you can use the Phone Apps, or actually speak to people, and also prebook taxis.

yes indeed You can prebook 24 hrs before but could be chasing for the no show! Yes you can speak to people but there is no way they can guarantee you a taxi...late morning :)

You first have to understand you are offering a paid service and not a untimely favour to the client. Help with the baggage and turning off the loud music would also be helpful.

Would be great if you have an APP that can rate the drivers....

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

yes indeed You can prebook 24 hrs before but could be chasing for the no show! Yes you can speak to people but there is no way they can guarantee you a taxi...late morning :)

I'm sure we've spoken about this before. Nothing is guaranteed in anything. Roughly the same number of drivers come out every day, so if one morning a water main blows on Glossop Road, closing it, then everything becomes delayed. You never grasp this, which is surprising because you post on other things quite logically.

You first have to understand you are offering a paid service and not a untimely favour to the client.

See above. Do you think companies or drivers want late jobs?

Help with the baggage and turning off the loud music would also be helpful.

I agree. When drivers don't assist (or at least offer) it annoys me.

As a driver though who has done thousands of jobs with luggage, nothing is straight forward as you might think.

I agree also with music, I offer people music or not but have it on quietly in the background unless anyone says anything.

Would be great if you have an APP that can rate the drivers....

Also agree. Feedback is a good thing, Mercury had it, and it's in the process of being developed I think with City. Their new system is extremely adaptable with my 2 weeks experience of it. And much better [light years ahead] than Mercury's I might add. I was quite surprised.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 23:41 ----------

Ignore the first part of the quote, I mixed you up with Magilla, sorry :)

I looked through my Yellow Pages this afternoon and there's plenty of taxi firms in there.

If you want a taxi then phone a different company and not bother with Uber.

What's a yellow pages?

Is this a serious question?

I looked through my Yellow Pages this afternoon and there's plenty of taxi firms in there.

If you want a taxi then phone a different company and not bother with Uber.

Why not bother? As I've said previously, I've used them loads. Cheaper, more reliable and not had a single problem with them on any trip.

As for City/Mercury having someone to talk to...... how many times have I had a curt "it's nearly there" as it still takes 20-30 minutes to arrive? Too many. At least with Uber you can see where it is instead of being lied to.