Indonesian executions.

I see Indonesia as executed by firing squad 8 drug smugglers,saw the relatives begging for mercy,like the old saying goes if you can't do the time.

No sympathy whatsoever. People smuggling drugs in east asia know the risks, there's a reason why the rewards for doing at are so great. I just wish our own government had the balls to do the same.

The Australian SAS should have extracted them out of there and then they should have been locked up in Australia - the drug smugglers I mean, not the ozzy SAS.

What is the "Australian SAS"?

EDIT: Fair enough, there is an Australian branch of the SAS. I wasn't aware of that. Don't think sending them into Indonesia to spring convicted criminals would be a great idea though.

What is the "Australian SAS"?

EDIT: Fair enough, there is an Australian branch of the SAS. I wasn't aware of that. Don't think sending them into Indonesia to spring convicted criminals would be a great idea though.

Australia has an elite special forces, I just couldn't remember what they're called so I just said Australian SAS.

The Australian SAS should have extracted them out of there and then they should have been locked up in Australia - the drug smugglers I mean, not the ozzy SAS.

I wouldn't fancy being the Australian Ambassador having to explain why his nation thinks it can circumvent local laws.

Plus I doubt Tony Abbott gives two hoots what happens to convicted drug dealers.

yeah and have the entire world on yer back cos you "invaded" a soveriegn nation purely cos you didnt like their own laws Oo

The deed is done.

Given a choice as to whether you stand, sit or kneel when tied to a post and facing a 12 man firing squad. The family members are left to shout 'mercy' in the final few seconds of life.

They don't shoot you in the face. It wouldn't look good in the case of an open coffin. A white coffin. The colour seems ironic.

All the appeals by all the governments and UN fall on deaf ears. However, the boxer Manny Paquiano seems to have had some influence. The Filipino woman is spared.

Perhaps the Indonesian President is a fight fan. Why not? It's a blood thirsty sport. All about pain and suffering; giving it out as well as taking it.

Austrailia have recalled their ambassador.

Sadly the cynic in me suspects the Aussies would have tried a little bit harder if the drug dealers looked a little less Asian and a bit more true blue fair dinkum Aussies ie white.

What has this got to do with Sheffield?

Absolutely nothing - thats why its in the "general discussions" section...

Austrailia have recalled their ambassador.

Sadly the cynic in me suspects the Aussies would have tried a little bit harder if the drug dealers looked a little less Asian and a bit more true blue fair dinkum Aussies ie white.

nope. They tried really hard to save Barlow and Chambers who were hanged in Malaysia in 1986 were both white, one of them was even born in Britain. Michael McAuliffe, who the Malaysians also hanged in 1989, was also white.

Australians in drugs cases who are Asian are the ones likeliest to have the contacts in the Asian countries, therefore likelier to be ringleaders, therefore likelier to be executed.