The builders are in at Owlerton.

They are re-inforcing the place to keep out rival local supporters who can't read, write and don't have long football memories and club supporting loyalty, so that should take care of most of them!

Edited by stpetre
edit

Will they be levelling it too?

Or will they be using it as a new ski slope now the other ones shut?

Lol

Levelling it and raising it aswell.

How can you tell the difference - it looked like the pitch had been dug up months ago?

Good to see they're getting a decent pitch though - the remaining excuse for not being in at least the playoffs next season won't be there anymore with all the money floating around at S6, so the players will have to deliver something for the long suffering loyal fans - rather than being able to blame a rubbish surface.

Unless I'm wrong I don't recall Stuart Gray or any Owl's staff using the bad pitch as an excuse for poor performances or not winning games, being denied promotion, play-offs etc. Don't forget it's the same for both sides. Anyway, this season, for whatever reasons, Wednesday just weren't up to it

Unless I'm wrong I don't recall Stuart Gray or any Owl's staff using the bad pitch as an excuse for poor performances or not winning games, being denied promotion, play-offs etc. Don't forget it's the same for both sides. Anyway, this season, for whatever reasons, Wednesday just weren't up to it

Gray once or twice blamed the pitch for lack of goals.

Gray once or twice blamed the pitch for lack of goals.

Sorry you're right, must have missed it.

Will they be levelling it too?

Or will they be using it as a new ski slope now the other ones shut?

Lol

Dig, dig,dig,dig.dig,dig.

,It is one dig after another from the sad brigade, turds on seats to floods and tents it must be crap to have now't else to do but think of the next daft dig at the Owls:rolleyes:

I'm sure the prince will spend money on a new blades pitch "when the time is right" :hihi:

I'm sure the prince will spend money on a new blades pitch "when the time is right" :hihi:

He ordered his grass while we were still on the three year waiting list [as per informed on these threads no so long ago] so perhaps the contractors will be moving to B.D.T.B.Lane when we are up and running around August time;)

Dig, dig,dig,dig.dig,dig.

,It is one dig after another from the sad brigade, turds on seats to floods and tents it must be crap to have now't else to do but think of the next daft dig at the Owls:rolleyes:

Already said it in another thread Cuttsie, but 'swings and roundabouts', nearly all as bad as each other....:D

He ordered his grass while we were still on the three year waiting list [as per informed on these threads no so long ago] so perhaps the contractors will be moving to B.D.T.B.Lane when we are up and running around August time;)

To be fair though, it's been clear since around January that the owls season wouldn't stretch into the playoffs, so they'll have known for a long time they could dig it all up as soon as the last match finished... and as they're starting from such a poor base (with the drainage issues also), they may well need the extra time to get the new drainage and pitch settled.

At the Lane, there was always the likelihood of the playoffs, so wouldn't have been able to start work until mid-May.

To be fair though, it's been clear since around January that the owls season wouldn't stretch into the playoffs, so they'll have known for a long time they could dig it all up as soon as the last match finished... and as they're starting from such a poor base (with the drainage issues also), they may well need the extra time to get the new drainage and pitch settled.

At the Lane, there was always the likelihood of the playoffs, so wouldn't have been able to start work until mid-May.

I wouldn't build your hopes up that takeover of yours has stunk fishier than 10wk old mackeral from day one and continues to do so.

I wouldn't build your hopes up that takeover of yours has stunk fishier than 10wk old mackeral from day one and continues to do so.

I would love to see your theory / facts behind these comments?

The way I see it is that the new owners have injected £10m into transfer fees and wages since the takeover. This is fact and is reflected in our accounts. This amount in League One is almost unheard of and equally is very impressive.

In regards to the pitch this is still going ahead. Like somebody said above we now had an extra couple of weeks on the end of our season which no doubt was factored in at the beginning of the season when we agreed the dates for the new pitch.

The situation with our owners will be in many ways similar to your agreement with Mr Chansiri. Our owners will continue to bankroll our club however they have other commitments to manage as well therefore at the minute will continue to do so quietly and from a back seat position.

I wouldn't let your hopes get in the way of facts if I was you!