The builders are in at Owlerton.

I have passed by Hillsbro early today and noticed that heavy machinery was being moved in so! it looks as though the works promised are now going to start despite the rumour going around on an earlier thread that there is a three year waiting list for the new specification pitches that all the top clubs are now getting.

All systems go it seems.

I have passed by Hillsbro early today and noticed that heavy machinery was being moved in so! it looks as though the works promised are now going to start despite the rumour going around on an earlier thread that there is a three year waiting list for the new specification pitches that all the top clubs are now getting.

All systems go it seems.

Make sure they aren't knocking the old dear down and then rebuilding it as a fish factory :hihi::hihi:

Make sure they aren't knocking the old dear down and then rebuilding it as a fish factory :hihi::hihi:

One of thi best mates stated just a while ago that we would not be getting a new spec pitch because there is a waiting list and that the Johny's were at the front of the queue.

More false info from the land of envy it seems.

Allready most of pitch dug up -pictures on facebook-definitely being replaced with new drainage/ heating etc.

Allready most of pitch dug up -pictures on facebook-definitely being replaced with new drainage/ heating etc.

How can you tell the difference - it looked like the pitch had been dug up months ago?

Good to see they're getting a decent pitch though - the remaining excuse for not being in at least the playoffs next season won't be there anymore with all the money floating around at S6, so the players will have to deliver something for the long suffering loyal fans - rather than being able to blame a rubbish surface.

How can you tell the difference - it looked like the pitch had been dug up months ago?

Now that made me :hihi::hihi::hihi:

This is what i am led to believe will be layed at Hillsbrough.Impressive.

http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football

The DESSO surfaces are brilliant alan, if you've got the money its the way foreword.

You can play a game of football on them a couple of days after say staging a pop concert or boxing event at the ground.I believe thats what they are looking in to at the lane so probably Hillsborough as well,

Will they be levelling it too?

Or will they be using it as a new ski slope now the other ones shut?

Lol

Nice turf...(raises an eyebrow)

Well if it's as good as it's supposed to be, then there would be no excuses next season...bar another 2007 float a boat.

Looking forward to a better playing surface but if it's the drainage that's been at fault why were they watering the pitch so much? When it dried out it was a bit uneven but I would have thought a heavy roller could have been put to good use.

It was a great surface when Dave Barber was in charge but before that it was a lot worse than it is now. Look how it used to get in the 60s.