Do any Snooker players live in Sheffield?

Hello just wondering if any of the snooker players live in Sheffield I think Ive heard Ding does or used to?

Hello just wondering if any of the snooker players live in Sheffield I think Ive heard Ding does or used to?

John Virgo did live in Whirlow or still does.

Think Nigel Bond is up in Fulwood.

Think Williie Thorn used to, I think I remember seeing him in the Canton at Malin Bridge.

I used to see Willie Thorne a lot in Norton when I was a young'un

Whoa this is really interesting thanks!

Bill Werbeniuk lived in a converted bus near Worksop for many years.

I would imagine after consuming the 50 odd pints of lager he drank a day it didn't really bother him where he slept :)

Willie Thorne used to live in Stocksbridge with his wife Jill Saxby who was Miss Great Britain at one point.

His house used to back onto the Miners Arms pub and he'd sit talking whilst enjoying a few pints & giving out betting tips!

Willie Thorne used to bring his kids to Superbowl at Malin bridge on a sunday morning.

We opened up early for him so he could have some peace and quiet while they played.

Really nice guy!

Heard ding lives or use to live rather, in Brinsworth on a new estate behind the aurora, it must have been earlier on his career when he first came over from China, it was also mentioned he lived with a few other young promising snooker players but I don't know if that's true.

Shaun Murphy lived at whiston, saw him a few times, moved away now after splitting with his partner

Met Shaun Murphy a few times in the city, he now lives in Manchester I believe. Ding live(d/s) here as well, I also believe Judd Trump used to live here when he was a youngster - in fact, quite a few did when they were being groomed for the pro-game.

Silvino Francisco used to live in Chesterfield, don't know if he still does. Nigel Bond lives in the area too, used to see him at the Snooker Club in Clay Cross on occasion.