Are United playing to day?

Been a proper yawn-a-thon for Sheffield footy today....

You are jokimg aren't you, they lost that's good enough for Pete:hihi::hihi:

Stumbling into the playoffs, it's critical we finish fifth to play the equally out of form Swindon over 2 legs. At the moment, MK Dons could put us away in the first leg if we finish sixth, and Preston are on a great run (although if Preston get pipped for automatic next week, maybe they will just collapse after throwing it away?).

It'll be interesting to see if NC rests any key performers for the Chezzy game, to save them for the real task ahead...

As for today's game, it's business as usual - nothing happening for an hour, then concede, and scrap back for a point. Just not dominant or imposing enough. If we do somehow escape through the playoffs, there's major surgery needed next season.

I wasn't expecting much from today............Nigel said it all last week,we are 'managing players'...........it gave the impression that we were as near as certain to be in the play offs,and we were already looking forward to them..........cue players having an excuse for not turning up,something they have made into an art form this season.

Next week I fully expect Nigel to play for the point we have...........Chesterfield will go all out for the win,they have nothing to lose having beaten MKD any number of times this season,as well as us,so they have nobody to fear.We will be 'looking ahead to the play offs'..........and play accordingly .................and probably get beat by a couple of late goals.

If that puts us in with MKD,so be it............it is what we deserve for the average season we have had..........against MKD I don't expect us to win either leg.

You are jokimg aren't you, they lost that's good enough for Pete:hihi::hihi:

nithen its me that can't spell or is that a new Icelandic player for the Blades jokimg:hihi:

Stumbling into the playoffs, it's critical we finish fifth to play the equally out of form Swindon over 2 legs. At the moment, MK Dons could put us away in the first leg if we finish sixth, and Preston are on a great run (although if Preston get pipped for automatic next week, maybe they will just collapse after throwing it away?).

It'll be interesting to see if NC rests any key performers for the Chezzy game, to save them for the real task ahead...

As for today's game, it's business as usual - nothing happening for an hour, then concede, and scrap back for a point. Just not dominant or imposing enough. If we do somehow escape through the playoffs, there's major surgery needed next season.

Swindon 4 points out of last 12.

SU 3 points from last 12.

2 sides in poor form,would say you've more chance getting to the new Wembley than playing MK or PNE.

Now we're in the playoffs, I'd love to see N.C. throwing caution to the winds and treat us to 90 minutes of exciting, attacking football next week. Is he capable?

Swindon 4 points out of last 12.

SU 3 points from last 12.

2 sides in poor form,would say you've more chance getting to the new Wembley than playing MK or PNE.

Exactly, as I was saying. In a one-off game at Wembley (if we were to get there), then you never know - we're certainly capable of stifling the game and it be 0-0 going into the last 20 minutes!

On paper, MKD and Preston deserve to go up over the whole of the season - but then we've finished third before and been pipped by a team in form on the day in previous years, so it would be some long awaited payback if we did it this time. The team really needs to sharpen up though, it's like we've been treading water for ages.

Not sure if i'd want to face Chezzy in the final though - being beaten by MKD would be hard to take but understandable - to lose out to yet another local outfit...

Just wanted to say congrats to the blades on the play off place. Bricking it now...let's hope we can really turn things round this time.

Everything crossed xx

Just wanted to say congrats to the blades on the play off place. Bricking it now...let's hope we can really turn things round this time.

Everything crossed xx

Hope you are well Missy.:)

Just got back from Owlerton and nipped on here to see how the Blades are going on and no thread ,whats up !!!!!!

They played away at Orient.

I hope you enjoyed your day at Owlerton.

They played away at Orient.

I hope you enjoyed your day at Owlerton.

I now know that they played at Leyton .

My day at Owlerton was fine until the football started;)

I now know that they played at Leyton .

My day at Owlerton was fine until the football started;)

Are you a season ticket holder?

I've just read that they are going up considerably if you haven't already renewed.

Are you a season ticket holder?

I've just read that they are going up considerably if you haven't already renewed.

Mine is already paid for £270 centre grandstand bang on half way line ,leather cushion ,bargain .