The antics of certain cyclists in Sheffield.

If I happen to crash my car or motorbike due to poor cycling, do you really expect the cyclist will stay and apologise or swap details, or would they just continue cycling?

I'm much more worried about being involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, as their heavier vehicle will cause much more damage and more serious injury than a cycle. In some parts of Sheffield, this is reported to be as high as 10% of vehicles on the road (figures from memory, may be inaccurate).

In a lot of cases, a cyclist at fault in an accident will be injured or have a damaged and unusable bike, meaning they will stay at the scene

People seem to be able to provide anecdotes and theories, but no hard evidence as to the extent of problems caused by uninsured cyclists. I suspect uninsured cyclists who ride off after causing accidents belong in the same realm as bogeymen.

If someone crashes a pram into my expensive trike, worth more than my car, who pays for the damage?

could a pram leave the scene as fast as a cyclist? or even worse be unaware of the situation?

could a pram leave the scene as fast as a cyclist? or even worse be unaware of the situation?

Doesn't matter, if my trike is legally parked in an official cycle parking point in a pedestrianised area (i.e off the moor or similar) - still can be gone by the time I come back

If a pedestrian caused a bad accident, who pays for the damage?

Kind of missing the point.

If i have to swerve in my car due to a poor act of road safety due to a cyclist - would the cyclist stop?

If i have to swerve in my car due to a poor act of road safety due to a cyclist - would the cyclist stop?

If you had to swerve in your car due to poor act of road safety due to a pedestrian - would the pedestrian stop?

I've no idea. You're expecting us to delve into the psychology of a hypothetical cyclist. I expect some would, some wouldn't. I'm not sure how it relates to the issue of compulsory insurance though; drivers do have mandatory insurance, and yet there are still hit-and-runs.

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 14:13 ----------

I had to swerve on my bike this morning due to a poor act of road safety by a driver, and she responded by trying to knock me off.

I had to swerve on my bike this morning due to a poor act of road safety by a driver, and she responded by trying to knock me off.

I hope you reported her.

It would depend on the cyclist. When a motorist caused me to take evasive action leading to a crash they left the scene.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hello hicksy3 not spouting off old son mearly replying to a thread made by onewheel dave also can you tell me if its okay to cycle on pavements or not,is it illegal or not.and by the way i cycle as well.

It's illegal, but, two home secretaries have advised cyclists to carefully use the pavement if it's safer for them... (Why they didn't change the law I don't know).

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 15:57 ----------

Would a motorist? What are we, hypothetical mind readers?

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 15:58 ----------

If someone crashes a pram into my expensive trike, worth more than my car, who pays for the damage?

It's not a lay back style pram is it? I saw someone on Penistone road maybe a week or two ago, making good speed, but I wouldn't want to be so low with car drivers around.