Sheffield Wednesday 1960's

Tommy Baldwin!!

Yes that's him, the lucky bar steward.

Yes, it was that, my most vivid memory was Bonetti saving from McCalliog, he leapt from his near post to his far top corner, and tipped it out, amazing. Do you remember the big Grand National story of that day? We heard it on our tran, during the match.sistor.

Foinavon 100/1. When you see that grainy black and white film of the pile up that they always show on the telly it seems like a lifetime ago but here is some great colour film of it.

Foinavon 100/1. When you see that grainy black and white film of the pile up that they always show on the telly it seems like a lifetime ago but here is some great colour film of it.

Amazing footage Jim, thanks, don't think I ever saw the old black and white one either, we stayed in London overnight and the biggest part of Sunday, just saw pictures in the paper, by the time we got home the story was "old hat", I suppose.

Not a good day for me losing 1-0, and backing the 15/2 favourite Honey End ridden by Josh Gifford and chasing Foinavon home. Al least i have a good memory.

Not a good day for me losing 1-0, and backing the 15/2 favourite Honey End ridden by Josh Gifford and chasing Foinavon home. Al least i have a good memory.

I tend to remember the one's that I backed that won, and that's not many. My favourite one was Red Rum catching Crisp on the run in to the line The biggest priced winner I backed was Nicholas Silver, shilling each way at( I think it was) 28-1, Gordon Bank' dad's betting shop in Catcliffe was the betting shop where I had the bet.

Great to read all the memories...my first game at Hillsborough was 31st August 1966. It was a night match against Aston Villa and Wednesday won 2-0. I was 6 years old and i remember it as if it was yesterday. It was a sunny evening and i was fascinated by the size of the floodlight pylons as i walked up to the ground. We always went in the south stand and i distinctly remember walking through the white brick corridor behind the seats and walking up them and seeing my first ever view of the ground. The green of the pitch struck me straight away, then the north stand opposite which had flags of the world on the roof (i was well into flags when i was a kid!). I remember the noise as the teams came out and everyone seemed to have a woolly blue and white scarf which they raised above their heads as the players ran out. There were rattles which made a row and my cousin always brought a great big owl on a stick made out of wood (home made of course). The half time pies were always great at Hillsborough along with an Oxo which was too hot to hold in my 6 year old hands! Im 54 now but that day has always stuck in my memory, good and bad days have come and gone but you never forget your first one do you?

Some amazing memories here. I know this will sound a dumb question but were the matches usually played during the day... Saturday? What time?

yes...always 3 o clock on Saturdays!!

Thanks... Its the little things that trip you up!!

Weekday home games, evenings-7:30 pm -Blades Tues, Owls Wed.

If you wish to help the OP with their research, please contact them via PM.

Thank you, closing.