Buckingham palace guards, behave like mindless animals..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11560935/Shocking-CCTV-shows-Buckingham-Palace-Guard-and-other-soldier-stamping-on-victim-but-they-still-walk-free-from-court.html

Should we expect any better of them? Or of the courts, for that matter?

---------- Post added 24-04-2015 at 18:02 ----------

Sorry, my appologies, looks like one guard and one other soldier.

Yes we should.

Glad you posted this. It's an absolute disgrace.

They get off because of their great record in employment and because the Judge doesn't think they should lose their jobs? They are both a disgrace to their employers - ie us! Oh - and the judge as well!

Madness, when in other circumstances people can be done for murder for one punch attacks.

Obviously these two are violent criminals and should be sitting in a prison cell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11560935/Shocking-CCTV-shows-Buckingham-Palace-Guard-and-other-soldier-stamping-on-victim-but-they-still-walk-free-from-court.html

Its very likley that they will be tried again in a Military Court and the punishments tend to be harsher than the punishment dished out by civilian courts, they will probably serve time in a military detention center.

Court martial results from the military court centres: January 2010 to January 2015.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/407130/20150225-Court_Martial_Results_Jan10-Jan15_MCSOM-O.csv/preview

Its very likley that they will be tried again in a Military Court and the punishments tend to be harsher than the punishment dished out by civilian courts, they will probably serve time in a military detention center.

Court martial results from the military court centres: January 2010 to January 2015.

Very true, but the charge will probably be 'conduct unbecoming........' the sentence no more than 28 days in the guardhouse cells. Since they have been charged and 'punished' in a civvy court they cannot be tried again for the same offence.

(Happy to be corrected on that if things have changed since my day in the mob)

Edited by cynica

Should we expect any better of them?

Not really. They're soldiers not church ministers.

Very true, but the charge will probably be 'conduct unbecoming........' the sentence no more than 28 days in the guardhouse cells. Since they have been charged and 'punished' in a civvy court they cannot be tried again for the same offence.

(Happy to be corrected on that if things have changed since my day in the mob)

I'm not sure on it, I was always under the impression that if convicted by a civilian court you could still face a military court for the same offense.

I found this but not 100% sure of its implication.

Double Jeopardy

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmselect/cmconst/731/73105.htm

8. At present, when a person subject to military law has already been tried for an offence, either summarily or by court martial, a civil court is unable to try him/her for the same offence. This position is also true in reverse.

9. However, the rules relating to 'double jeopardy' were revised under the Criminal Justice Act 2003. The Act made provision for a defendant to be retried for an offence, even where he had been acquitted, in certain limited circumstances. Judge Blackett explained that the military justice system could be consistent with this change if the Secretary of State made a rule to this effect if required.[13] However, it has not been done and so the system is not in line with Crown Courts. The House may wish to establish when, if at all, the Secretary of State intends to make such an order.

Offences against military law in the United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offences_against_military_law_in_the_United_Kingdom

They might even be able to charge them with a different offense, there appears to be a few that would fit the bill.

Unfitness or misconduct due to the influence of alcohol or any intoxicant

being unfit to be entrusted with a duty

behaving in a disorderly manner

Two years' imprisonment

But not sure on any of it, I am sure that they will have to face their commanding officer though.

I'm not sure on it, I was always under the impression that if convicted by a civilian court you could still face a military court for the same offense.

But not sure on any of it, I am sure that they will have to face their commanding officer though.

They made need to do the 12 month sentences dished out by our court first?

they could still face court marshal for bringing the service in to disrepute, and the sentence could still be a dishonourable discharge,

I sincerely hope that the military court martial system will provide a modicum of justice for the poor victims of this attack. I have no idea what led up to the attacks shown in the clip, but physical violence of that magnitude is not the answer and should not be condoned.

Thugs but the main thing is they keep our royals safe.