Vista Disk required.

Anyone have a Vista Business Edition disk I could borrow? I have a few machines with the Vista key on them but no means of installing the OS.

When I got my computer from Dell a few years ago they sent the discs with it,but it is not the vista business edition.It is vista home premium. You can have it if you want it.It says on the disc only for Dell P.C.s.

Edited by Kidorry
Added text

Are they for the Dell optiplex models you have?

If so, you're best off with an official Dell vista install disc because it automatically activates offline, saving you hours of grief.

You can order them off ebay, or I have both 32-bit and 64-bit Dell vista business install discs you can borrow.

Thanks, Joker I may take you up on the offer. They are all Optiplex 755 units. We may just send them all back to the supplier as they aren't exactly what they were supposed to be.

They are good computers, but they are seven years old, so don't expect Core i7 performance.

Increase it to 4GB ram and they'll happy run windows 7 and Microsoft office

We were going to upgrade them to Seven before we noticed the lack of a decent Hard Drive capacity. We then thought about swapping the old 75Gb drives for 160 Gb HD Drives but the profit margins are slight, hence the thought of sticking Vista back on and getting shut.

We use a lot of Dell 745 and 755 small form factor machines here on Windows 7 with no issues. We have 4Gb of RAM in ours.

We had planned to upgrade them but not with the 75Gb drives they came with, hence wanting to slap Vista back on them. We managed to download a Vista disk but thanks to all for the offers. If any of you ever need a Windows 7 OEM disk or Office 2010, PM me.

ive got a vista disc with every addition on ...