Broomhill/Crookes Rd new junction

Which leaves you naff all time to follow it as switching to the left turn lane at that point is difficult.

If you're going straight on you should already be in the left lane. If you want to get to Crookes you can either turn left up Taptonville Rd or carry on past the works and turn left up Parkers Rd

Can anyone advise if this is making traffic through Broomhill worse than usual? I'm going to guess it is. I live in Crosspool and get the 51 bus (that goes through Broomhill) or the 120 bus (goes up Glossop Rd) home. Am guessing the 120 a safer bet?

Not made any difference as far as I can tell.

Can anyone advise if this is making traffic through Broomhill worse than usual? I'm going to guess it is. I live in Crosspool and get the 51 bus (that goes through Broomhill) or the 120 bus (goes up Glossop Rd) home. Am guessing the 120 a safer bet?

It's not affected the 51 at all.

They're still running late, occasionally not running at all and then turning up three at a time.

Horse and cart would be more reliable than this omnishambles of a 'service'.

If you're going straight on you should already be in the left lane. If you want to get to Crookes you can either turn left up Taptonville Rd or carry on past the works and turn left up Parkers Rd

True. I meant switching to the right lane which is where the diversion sends you. Down Glossop road, Peel Street then onto Nile Street.

True. I meant switching to the right lane which is where the diversion sends you. Down Glossop road, Peel Street then onto Nile Street.

Ah I see what you mean now. Yes, I agree the sign for that diversion route is very poorly sited.

although if more than one bus arrives at the bus stop (which is often), there could be the problem of the left-turn lane being blocked.
The bus stop is being moved 'up' Crookes Rd a bit so should be able to drive around the back of parked busses - although reality needs to be seen over theory!

Guest makapaka

What was the point of this?

At first I thought great idea as it would stop need to queue if you were turning left. However it's got traffic lights so makes no difference to the traffic flow at all.

If it's for the benefit of pedestrians why not just have a crossing further up Whitham road?

Seems odd to me.

What was the point of this?

At first I thought great idea as it would stop need to queue if you were turning left. However it's got traffic lights so makes no difference to the traffic flow at all.

If it's for the benefit of pedestrians why not just have a crossing further up Whitham road?

Seems odd to me.

The purpose of the new layout is for a safe crossing across Crookes Road-there already are crossings over Whitham Road, Nile Street and Fulwood Road.

Guest makapaka
The purpose of the new layout is for a safe crossing across Crookes Road-there already are crossings over Whitham Road, Nile Street and Fulwood Road.

It was never unsafe? Thought it was a positive traffic control measure. Instead we're gonna get a queue where 2/3 cars may be stuck at lights blocking others going in a different direction - crazy.

It seems to be working pretty well as far as can see

It was never unsafe? Thought it was a positive traffic control measure. Instead we're gonna get a queue where 2/3 cars may be stuck at lights blocking others going in a different direction - crazy.

Crossing Crookes Road from Fulwood Road to Whitham Road was unsafe and you are now also protected going across the northbound Crookes Road lane.

A time delay was supposed to allow some time for this pedestrian movement but red light jumping/congestion made this unusable as was the size of the refuge.

The situation you describe cannot occur as the filter and the Crookes crossing are separate pedestrian crossings.

When the lane from Fulwood Road for Whitham Road is 'green' so is the left turn filter for Crookes Road.

There are now two problems:

1-Vehicles on Whitham Road in the 'to Crookes lane' see the ahead only green and fail to wait at their stop line even when the red light is showing and so fail to give way to pedestrians and cars on the filter (there is no 'give way' on the Crookes Road end of the filter).

2-Pedestrians on the 'triangle' seem confused as to which button on which post to press as there are now three crossings.

Crossing Crookes Road from Fulwood Road to Whitham Road was unsafe and you are now also protected going across the northbound Crookes Road lane.

A time delay was supposed to allow some time for this pedestrian movement but red light jumping/congestion made this unusable as was the size of the refuge.

The situation you describe cannot occur as the filter and the Crookes crossing are separate pedestrian crossings.

When the lane from Fulwood Road for Whitham Road is 'green' so is the left turn filter for Crookes Road.

There are now two problems:

1-Vehicles on Whitham Road in the 'to Crookes lane' see the ahead only green and fail to wait at their stop line even when the red light is showing and so fail to give way to pedestrians and cars on the filter (there is no 'give way' on the Crookes Road end of the filter).

2-Pedestrians on the 'triangle' seem confused as to which button on which post to press as there are now three crossings.

I noticed this earlier during my first go around it.

I suppose the lights should mean nothing coming, but I had to check. It struck me as something missing there (though I would agree that it shouldn't be necessary)

Possible accident if any late turners from Whitham Road right onto Crookes Rd. The drivers angle into the left, means that you can't naturally see a right-turner.