Broomhill/Crookes Rd new junction

Can anyone tell me how the changes to the junction and addition of a slip road to turn up to Crookes at Broomhill crossroads will help traffic flow, or does it serve another purpose?

Well it's certainly easier for pedestrians, before the changes you took your life in your own hands crossing there.

You still take your life in your hands. The number of drivers who ignore the red light on the Crookes filter is unbelievable.

The number of idiots who cross the road, oblivious of traffic, whilst playing with their phones is also unbelievable. The new junction looks like it might be better for pedestrians, what effect it will have on traffic remains to be seen - it's a secondary consideration for our Council anyhow.

Too many people, buses and cars, it's bad during term time. Can't really see what can be done about it,

As a pedestrian, it's really helpful - a crossing further up Crookes Rd near Crookesmoor Rd would also be useful. As a driver I've not tried accessing it coming from town since the new junction was put in, but I've accessed it from Fulwood way and it seemed fine.

You still take your life in your hands. The number of drivers who ignore the red light on the Crookes filter is unbelievable.

I used this junction as a pedestrian for the first time since the changes, this last weekend. I was taking extra care as it was unfamiliar. Despite this I had to step back as a driver turned left towards Crookes, against a red light.

I cannot see the benefit, from a drivers point of view you still have to Waite in the queue to the lights being able to turn up to Crookes one car ahead of the junction does not appear to save any time or improve traffic flow in any direction.

I cannot see the benefit, from a drivers point of view you still have to Waite in the queue to the lights being able to turn up to Crookes one car ahead of the junction does not appear to save any time or improve traffic flow in any direction.

As I see it, the changes were made to make it easier and safer for pedestrians.

Seems better than it was getting through by car. The traffic was crazy up towards Broomhill this afternoon though.

Guest makapaka

It's daft - it was never unsafe for pedestrians if you watched where you were going.

it should have been done without a traffic light on the left turn - that would have relieved traffic heading to town who wouldn't have had to queue behind people turning left and made a left turn easier.

If not should have been left alone.

Surely you never really expected there to be any benefit for drivers: this is Sheffield Council we're talking about, remember.

It's daft - it was never unsafe for pedestrians if you watched where you were going.

it should have been done without a traffic light on the left turn - that would have relieved traffic heading to town who wouldn't have had to queue behind people turning left and made a left turn easier.

If not should have been left alone.

There has to be a traffic light on the left turn into Crookes Road.

A to protect the pedestrians which are crossing from cars taking the filter at speed.

B to stop vehicles colliding with other vehicles coming from Whitham Road or Nile Street- there is no give way sign or junction markings.

Traffic into town is not stopped by left turning vehicles as vehicles can only use the filter when the lights are set for traffic going straight ahead into town.

The junction with Crookes Road has always been dangerous with traffic continually running red lights and taking the junction too quickly leaving no opportunity to cross safely. There was no suitable delay in the sequence to allow safe crossing.

Crossing Fulwood Road is now also possible at the new crossing there.