Lollipop software update

has anyone had the lollipop update on there android device and what do you think too it?

I have had one on my Sony phone but preferred kit kat, maybe I will get used too it.....:rolleyes:

I have Kitkat on my tablet and lollypop on my phone. I much prefer lollypop. The built in game (a bit like flappy bird) is quite hard. I have no idea how to play the Kitkat game.

Please Watch out with Lollipop as All the Data on/off Widgets no Longer Work and its Very Annoying Indeed I Just can"t Believe What Google as Done its Spoiled Android with Lollipop and it Drains the Battery more

yep 1295, its killing my battery I could go all day with 50% remaining, now with lollipop same usage its on 25% at the end of the day. maybe its early days but not happy with it...

now how do I get kitkat back?

I don't like it. Phone seems to slow down after a while and using several apps. Keep having to end them and use a app killer program to get memory back.

Download Advance Task Manager, you get set anytime you want to Regular Kill Apps on Android,also go to the Services and Disable the Applications you do not use on your phone,thats the Only Trouble with Android things run on your without you knowing it,as there not many Apps with the Exit Options,PlayerPro is the Best Music Player as it Does Offer the Exit Options

I haven't noticed any problems so far.

You cannot generalise like this though, as Lollipop on one phone may perform very different to another, it depends how the manufacturers tweaked it and which EXACT version of Lollipop you are running.

I just got 5.0.1 build BOC3 on my Note 4, apparently the previous release was a bit flaky but it was never released by O2 in the UK. BOC5 is meant to be even faster but not made it over here yet.

Those are Note 4 specific builds though so would not be relevant to any other device.

I did prefer the look of KitKat though.

Please Watch out with Lollipop as All the Data on/off Widgets no Longer Work and its Very Annoying Indeed I Just can"t Believe What Google as Done its Spoiled Android with Lollipop and it Drains the Battery more

I have no idea about build and stuff like it says as part of this thread but the battery life is shocking, I have read put it back to how it was before on other sites then some say wait for an upcoming update so unsure on this one.

I think my battery drain is a lot worse, but its hard to tell as I haven't had long enough to properly test.

I was already getting nearly three days on my Note 4 with light use anyway, so it depends if it lasts LESS than a day with heavy use, that would be a problem.

---------- Post added 23-04-2015 at 15:54 ----------

I wiped the Cache partition from recovery (its always advised to do this after an update, but I didn't get round to it) and so far battery life is looking potentially better than KitKat now.

Download an app killer!

Don't download an app killer!

Clear the cache!

Run the battery to Zero!

Close your eyes and count to a million!

All the android forums are full of this 'advice' and have been for years - no one can agree on which work - wonder why that is??

I can confirm that since wiping the cache, mine seems to be comparable to KitKat. So far I have this: https://flic.kr/p/s1BmEP

That is light usage with just an hour or so of YouTube every night and the screen on a lowish setting, but that is basically 99% of how I use my phone and should show if Lollipop was causing issues.

Download an app killer!

Don't download an app killer!

Clear the cache!

Run the battery to Zero!

Close your eyes and count to a million!

All the android forums are full of this 'advice' and have been for years - no one can agree on which work - wonder why that is??

Because an app killer is only necessary or helpful, if you know its apps specifically which are causing drain.

If its core Android services, the screen, the radio, etc, then an app killer won't do much.

Clearing the cache is always recommended after an OS update though and as I have shown, it can make a big difference.

Edited by AlexAtkin