Oliver Coppard to win sheffield hallam?

He reckons a split vote..honestly i cant see strategic voting as people tend to vote for who they want to win and represent them.

He reckons a split vote..honestly i cant see strategic voting as people tend to vote for who they want to win and represent them.

Checkout his previous polls the Tory vote is clearly being squeezed.

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/?s=hallam

So is ukip..from 13% to 7% are ukip more likely to vote labour or libdem?? I dunno.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 17:09 ----------

I honestly think, objectively speaking it will be 500 votes win..one way or another. Too close to call.

Edited by ubermaus

Well its clearly going to be a close run thing. Though I think there will be a hardcore Tory rump who will be unable to bring themselves to vote Lib Dem.

Perish the thought, but I do wonder if former Conservative Party Treasurer Ashcroft polls aren't designed to frighten Tories who might stay at home to come out and vote - even if in Hallam's case it might be strategically for LibDems.

The campaigning I've seen in Hallam has been 95% LibDem and Labour, so hardly surprising the old Tory hardcore vote has been squeezed, as has that of Greens and UKIP.

I hope the Libdems don't get wiped out in Sheffield and are completely replaced by Labour. I'm not a Labour hater but one party politics isn't healthy.

Looks like lots of torries could vote for lib dem according to Lord Ashcrofts latest poll...

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 17s18 seconds ago

Sheffield Hallam constituency poll (Ashcroft):

LAB - 37%

LDEM - 36%

CON - 15%

UKIP - 7%

GRN - 4%

Looks like the momentum is with Clegg now. He's closed the gap in each successive poll getting nearer to the big day. Only 1% or less difference now.

An appeal to all fellow Hallam Tories..... Lend Clegg your vote this time around, we don't want Labour in here, and Clegg as leader is the most likely way to get a Tory Lib Dem coalition again.... Better than Labour and SNP.

Looks like the momentum is with Clegg now. He's closed the gap in each successive poll getting nearer to the big day. Only 1% or less difference now.

An appeal to all fellow Hallam Tories..... Lend Clegg your vote this time around, we don't want Labour in here, and Clegg as leader is the most likely way to get a Tory Lib Dem coalition again.... Better than Labour and SNP.

Are you planning on staying an active member of this forum after the election or moving on to your next AstroTurf mission?

Perish the thought, but I do wonder if former Conservative Party Treasurer Ashcroft polls aren't designed to frighten Tories who might stay at home to come out and vote - even if in Hallam's case it might be strategically for LibDems.

The campaigning I've seen in Hallam has been 95% LibDem and Labour, so hardly surprising the old Tory hardcore vote has been squeezed, as has that of Greens and UKIP.

Ashcroft's polling is pretty even handed and well respected, the seats he tends to poll are the tight seats. The spotlight he puts on these seats will encourage everyone to vote.

You forgot it could be a BluKip coalition - how proud would you be of brining that in?

Ignore the party lines - just defeat the man, if the LD had fielded another candidate I would have voted for them - its Clegg I want out!

Don't vote for the man who has no morals, ethics or integrity.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 19:34 ----------

I think you will find inequality has slowed in its growth rate under this government and was fastest under New Labour.

You seem to be blinded by pure discrimination (inverse snobbery) and class warfare that simply doesn't exist.

Rate of change is no reflection on relative success/failure, it all depends on where you start measuring from. You seem to be trying to muddy the facts.

You forgot it could be a BluKip coalition - how proud would you be of brining that in?

Ignore the party lines - just defeat the man, if the LD had fielded another candidate I would have voted for them - its Clegg I want out!

Don't vote for the man who has no morals, ethics or integrity.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 19:34 ----------

Rate of change is no reflection on relative success/failure, it all depends on where you start measuring from. You seem to be trying to muddy the facts.

I think it's going too far to say he has no ethics, morals or integrity just because of the tuition fees issue. He didn't win the election so couldn't keep his promise, move on.

Can't make sense of the last paragraph, too muddy.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 20:01 ----------

Are you planning on staying an active member of this forum after the election or moving on to your next AstroTurf mission?

We'll see won't we? If Coppard gets in and it goes towards Labour scraping together a government with the SNP, then the next election won't be far off anyway.