Oliver Coppard to win sheffield hallam?

Now we are saying coppards a liar before he even gets a chance?

I say its time for a change in sh. Lets see what the boy does.

He's only a liar if he knows what he is saying is wrong; I suspect he's just a puppet of the Labour spin doctors. The 20% wage cut statement is a sensationalist simplistic and ignorant one.

This is what I'll think will happen. I think that the Tories will win a small majority, but SNP/Labour will push through a vote of no confidence, and this alliance will cost them votes in the election that'll follow.

The only other alternative would be a Labour minority government, supported by the SNP.

A vote of no confidence needs the support of two thirds of Parliament to cause a general election. Both largest parties need to vote for it - and that ain't going to happen. No-one knows how its going to work, or not work.

I think that the Tories will win a small majority, but SNP/Labour will push through a vote of no confidence......

How will the SNP and Labour push through a vote of no-confidence if the Tories have a majority?

How will the SNP and Labour push through a vote of no-confidence if the Tories have a majority?

Half the tory party will be in on it too. :hihi:

I think the latter will happen. The Tories will win more seats, but even with the Lib Dems will not have enough for a majority. Labour plus the SNP and other "progressive" parties (another excellent Labour spin doctor phrase) will cobble together more seats and function as a minority government for a good 6 months or so. The mess will result in a Tory landslide soon after.

---------- Post added 28-04-2015 at 22:12 ----------

Read my post again. Voting Labour to get a weak Labour government propped up by the SNP will only result in a Tory landslide in the near future - not a bad thing, but perhaps not what people voting Labour next week are intending.

As a soft Tory myself I actually think a Tory and Lib Dem coalition is quite a good thing. The Lib Dems can peg the Tories closer to the centre ground on many issues and have shown in the last 5 years that it can be an effective partnership. Economically I will always tend towards conservative principles though.

This govt sucks whoever leads the conservative party. A labour snp partnership is a much better proposition.

Traditionally cons were better on the economy now there just weak on all fronts.

---------- Post added 28-04-2015 at 22:56 ----------

Tories have norfolk and chance of a majority!

This govt sucks whoever leads the conservative party. A labour snp partnership is a much better proposition.

Traditionally cons were better on the economy now there just weak on all fronts.!

The last Labour government crashed the economy and increased unemployment. The current government have created 2 million jobs in 5 years and given us the best growth in the G7.

What makes me laugh is seeing mansions on Ecclesall Road South with Labour Coppard signs out. Such a strange sight to see such obviously wealthy people begging to have more money taken off them by the state, especially when they have most probably been big benefactors of Conservative policy. Why not cut the middle man and just sell up, buy a 2 bed terrace, and give the proceeds out to welfare claimants directly?

Do people queueing up for foodbanks make you laugh too?

Sorry I'm tired, I meant to say they'll win by a small margin.

The last Labour government crashed the economy and increased unemployment. The current government have created 2 million jobs in 5 years and given us the best growth in the G7.

The western worlds economy crashed whilst Labour were at the helm, and they paid the penalty. There wasn't a massive resistance from the opposition at the time, but hindsight always has 20/20 vision. Only two countries came through with sensible financial management. Australia and Canada. That's why we now have a Canadian in charge of the Bank of England.

Even that bastion of toryland the Daily Telegraph says Clegg will either win by 1,000 or lose by 1,000

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11567634/The-age-of-Nick-Clegg-is-drawing-to-an-end.html

It is too close to call. No certainty or heartland of conservatism about it

Tim Stanley may be right. The Telegraph does try to get a little balance into its pages. Incidentally, Tim stood as Labour candidate in Sevenoaks in 2005, coming third, but may have moved nearer the centre ground in recent times.

Ironic really. LibDems captured Hallam when many Conservative tactical voters wanted to give the Thatcher government a kicking, but were unwilling to vote Labour, plus Labour voters voting tactically knowing a vote for Labour wouldn't eject the Tories in Hallam. Now many natural Conservatives may vote LibDem to keep out Labour. It certainly will be an interesting result, the other candidates complicating the final outcome.

It must be hard to be leading a protest party that has to tread the middle ground, a chameleon that changes disguise to suit the location and times.

A vote of no confidence needs the support of two thirds of Parliament to cause a general election. Both largest parties need to vote for it - and that ain't going to happen. No-one knows how its going to work, or not work.

I thought that it was just a majority that was needed to win a vote of no confidence? Also what would happen if the party that tried to form the government lost the vote on the Queen's speech, would that in effect be the same as losing a vote of no confidence?

Guest sibon

Voting Tory does not mean that you don't care for others,.

Indeed not. It just means that you are a tw*t.

As for your other claims of Tory landslides. Thatcher is dead, she took the Tory landslide with her. No Tory government has won a majority since 1992. It will be a long, long time until the next one.