Oliver Coppard to win sheffield hallam?

The people of Hallam have seen their savings add up to nothing, the real worth of their pensions and investments hit below ground level, and spiralling costs of living, whilst the fat cats get rich on their pickings from their hard work, and they don't like it.

Cameron has done the people of Hallam no favours, he is only interested in keeping the South sweet, and the only way to keep Cameron out is to return as many Labour MPs as possible.

The people of Hallam have seen their savings add up to nothing, the real worth of their pensions and investments hit below ground level, and spiralling costs of living, whilst the fat cats get rich on their pickings from their hard work, and they don't like it.

Cameron has done the people of Hallam no favours, he is only interested in keeping the South sweet, and the only way to keep Cameron out is to return as many Labour MPs as possible.

Please don't speak on my behalf. Most people in Hallam aren't that gullible, and I personally take the view that with Labour throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Hallam, the only way to keep Red Ed and Balls up out is to vote Clegg.

Coppard has a student army backing him and that is the biggest irony out there considering it was Labour that brought in tuition fees, Labour that topped them up again, and that the current system now actually works out better for the poorest students even though it sounds worse - essentially it's a graduate tax in all but name, but why put any thought into it when you can slag off "toffs" and bankers instead (because, to the left, discrimination is ok if it's directed in the right way).

Instead of quoting fictional wage cuts, maybe Coppard could stick to facts instead, such as Hallam's already low unemployment rate halving since 2010.

Edited by WiseOwl182

Please don't speak on my behalf. Most people in Hallam aren't that gullible, and I personally take the view that with Labour throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Hallam, the only way to keep Red Ed and Balls up out is to vote Clegg.

Coppard has a student army backing him and that is the biggest irony out there considering it was Labour that brought in tuition fees, Labour that topped them up again, and that the current system now actually works out better for the poorest students even though it sounds worse - essentially it's a graduate tax in all but name, but why put any thought into it when you can slag off "toffs" and bankers instead (because, to the left, discrimination is ok if it's directed in the right way).

Instead of quoting fictional wage cuts, maybe Coppard could stick to facts instead, such as Hallam's already low unemployment rate halving since 2010.

Oh dear. Is it time for the inane name-calling? Don't you realise that the intelligent people of Hallam are not buying in to the old-style nasty politics anymore? In fact, the intelligent people of anywhere, aren't.

If you are so worried about Coppard's 'student army' in Hallam, perhaps they could be disenfranchised somehow, you know, like last time?

Yes. You'd have a point. Except for the fact that the extra "tax" is 0% in most cases.

You must be hanging some right layabout students if they can't earn over £21,000 a few years after graduation.

Oh dear. Is it time for the inane name-calling? Don't you realise that the intelligent people of Hallam are not buying in to the old-style nasty politics anymore? In fact, the intelligent people of anywhere, aren't.

If you are so worried about Coppard's 'student army' in Hallam, perhaps they could be disenfranchised somehow, you know, like last time?

If they think Labour is the answer then they may as well be disenfranchised because they're certainly misguided or delluded.

If they think Labour is the answer then they may as well be disenfranchised because they're certainly misguided or delluded.

Well, certainly someone must have shared your thoughts last time.

Who are these "people of Hallam"? Hands up those posters who are actually one of these "people of Hallam"? Do the sweeping assumptions about your state of mind (above) ring true?

Me.

No.

It's a bit like these "hardworking families" they keep talking about. Who is standing up for "lazy single people", that's what I want to know.

From what I can work out, it's the cummulative inflation rises from 2010 to 2015, which equals something like 19.5%. It's scaremongering for the lesser financially aware voter, as he's suggesting inflation equals a pay cut. It doesn't, a pay cut is a pay cut, inflation just means some things are more expensive than they used to be, including things that I don't choose to buy or even care about.

I don't live in Hallam, but I earn around the average wage figure quoted for the constituency, and I can assure you I haven't noticed an increase in anything significant since 2010, certainly not to the tune of having to pay out an extra 7 grand on it this year compared to 2010.

Its effectively a 20% paycut. Coppard was right.

---------- Post added 28-04-2015 at 10:10 ----------

Who are these "people of Hallam"? Hands up those posters who are actually one of these "people of Hallam"? Do the sweeping assumptions about your state of mind (above) ring true?

Me.

No.

It's a bit like these "hardworking families" they keep talking about. Who is standing up for "lazy single people", that's what I want to know.

Good point. What about single people..they seem to be invisible, who are these hard working families?? Everyone has to work or do something..or not. Like you say does that make you less important?

---------- Post added 28-04-2015 at 10:12 ----------

You must be hanging some right layabout students if they can't earn over £21,000 a few years after graduation.

The average wage is 21k in sheffield. All ages.

Its effectively a 20% paycut. Coppard was right.

I tend to agree with the_bloke. Inflation is always with us (unless we have deflation of course - which is rare).

Sometimes inflation is high, sometimes it's low.

Then - the way I see it - on top of that you have pay rises and pay cuts. If you don't have any pay rises, inflation is an issue. If you do, then maybe you keep pace.

If you get a real pay cut (in any situation - deflation, low inflation, high inflation) it's no fun at all!

Again this just seems like the rhetoric of politicos to get their point across.

It's no biggie, it's only power they're after.

The average wage is 21k in sheffield. All ages.

At which point graduates pay precisely 0% of their loan back. Their loan is written off after 30 yrs. Only the highest earning graduates would get close to repaying the headline amounts. That's right, the richest get hit the hardest, but why let facts get in the way of anti Clegg propaganda.

At which point graduates pay precisely 0% of their loan back. Their loan is written off after 30 yrs. Only the highest earning graduates would get close to repaying the headline amounts. That's right, the richest get hit the hardest, but why let facts get in the way of anti Clegg propaganda.

It seems that the current system is reasonable. Poor people don't have to pay anything. Both Labour and Conservative want it.

The irony is that the Lib-Dem idea of scrapping the system would probably have been a mistake, but Clegg gets vilified because he failed to deliver a poor idea.

It is well known that Labour are not putting any extra money or effort into Hallam. Oliver Coppard has recruited his student supporters with ease because these young people remember how Clegg deliberately targeted them to vote for him, got himself photographed with his written promise and then shafted them when it came to being in power. Many of the youngsters that queued around the block to vote for Clegg last time were first time voters and the fact is they felt incredibly betrayed by Clegg.