Oliver Coppard to win sheffield hallam?

I see Oliver Coppard is 6/4 to win sheffield Hallam at the GE and oust Nick Clegg...looks a good bet to me.

Seems like a great local candidate and actually gives a hoot about the local area...went to hallam uni too.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 14:49 ----------

<REMOVED>

Actually didnt, he went to Leeds! but he did go to silverdale etc.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 14:52 ----------

<REMOVED>

you can get involved via this link...

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 14:53 ----------

other parties are available!

Edited by esme
Removed party political links

I see Oliver Coppard is 6/4 to win sheffield Hallam at the GE and oust Nick Clegg...looks a good bet to me.

Seems like a great local candidate and actually gives a hoot about the local area...went to hallam uni too.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 14:49 ----------

<REMOVED>

Actually didnt, he went to Leeds! but he did go to silverdale etc.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 14:52 ----------

<REMOVED>

you can get involved via this link...

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 14:53 ----------

other parties are available!

What are Nick Clegg's odds?

Edited by esme
Removed party political links

If he wins it would be very impressive work.

Apparently he's drummed up alot of local volunteers and local donations to drive his campaign, it'd be a very well deserved victory if he pulls in the votes.

Nick Clegg is 4/9 fav.

The Labour candidate is available for 7/4 with Coral.

1/2 I think.

Nick Clegg is 4/9 fav.

The Labour candidate is available for 7/4 with Coral.

Thanks, (Ditto to Whiteowl)

To say Oliver Coppard has no central funding and basically got a load of students to canvas its unbelievable...

I'm all over that 7/4 tbh, I see a lot of Oliver Coppard garden signs out and about hallam...

I think he would be the better candidate, after all, he actually properly lives in Sheffield.

I think he would be the better candidate, after all, he actually properly lives in Sheffield.

and if he pulls off such a stunning victory do you not expect him to be spirited away to sit in the cabinet??

I see we are all voting labour again. People in Sheffield never learn. I know its Government elections, and not Council, but even so. What qualifications does Oliver Coppard have to make decisions that involve billions of pounds of taxpayers money. Its ok saying he lives in Sheffield, and he hopes to make a difference, (don't they all) I think its the lure of the big salary and open ended expenses accounts that makes them want to be MP's I may be cynical, but that's just me.

I see we are all voting labour again. People in Sheffield never learn. I know its Government elections, and not Council, but even so. What qualifications does Oliver Coppard have to make decisions that involve billions of pounds of taxpayers money. Its ok saying he lives in Sheffield, and he hopes to make a difference, (don't they all) I think its the lure of the big salary and open ended expenses accounts that makes them want to be MP's I may be cynical, but that's just me.

what qualifications does nick clegg have? what credibility does he have?

you could say the same about all the career politicians. Hardly any of them have 'real world' financial experience...

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 16:37 ----------

I doubt Oliver Coppard is in it for the money...he didnt get any funding from labour for the last 2 years so they get by from mainly local donations. Anyway hes running for a constinuency and is not in the cabinet so he wont be responsible for billions of tax payers money, just what happens on a local level.

Edited by ubermaus

What qualifications does Oliver Coppard have to make decisions that involve billions of pounds of taxpayers money.

I think its the lure of the big salary and open ended expenses accounts that makes them want to be MP's I may be cynical, but that's just me.

The only qualification you need is to be elected. Or perhaps you think the wish of the electorate should be overridden by something else.

Why just pick on Coppard if they're all the same?

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 17:22 ----------

Oliver Coppard to win sheffield hallam

I see Oliver Coppard is 6/4 to win sheffield Hallam at the GE and oust Nick Clegg

Nick Clegg is 4/9 fav.

You can't both be right.