Bus drivers - make mine a pleasant day !!

This morning at approx 8-50 I caught a 76 from Broadfield Rd to the top of Bocking Lane.

I said good morning as I got on the bus and thanks when I got off. Not a murmur from the driver who had a face which would have stopped a clock !!

There are bus drivers on here, what's the problem with some of you.

Most of the travelling public are decent folks who don't want to either rob or abuse you !

Your comments please

This morning at approx 8-50 I caught a 76 from Broadfield Rd to the top of Bocking Lane.

I said good morning as I got on the bus and thanks when I got off. Not a murmur from the driver who had a face which would have stopped a clock !!

There are bus drivers on here, what's the problem with some of you.

Most of the travelling public are decent folks who don't want to either rob or abuse you !

Your comments please

There is a wider issue on here. Given the number of strikes we have had in the past with First Bus, touch wood we havent had any for a while the drivers are unhappy being in work and paid a wage. In fact it may be the last strike where they walked out because one of their comrades had his hand in the till. It was that bad that First had to tell everyone about this on their website.

Secondly passengers are getting more and more upset at the poor service, disappearing buses and drivers are unfortunately getting the brunt of it. Not helped by the fact that the drivers never explain anything to the passengers.

So everyone is getting fed up which unfortunately resulted in your grumpy driver.

In fact before people think I am being inaccurate about the strike over a theiving bus driver here is the link from our very own forum to highlight this

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=522635

Edited by woodmally

Right up there with holding a door open for someone or stepping aside to let someone past.

The oldies are the worst for not saying thank you when you do either of these. Bus drivers (and i cant believe im going to say this) have very little to be happy about.

Also, they arent robots, perhaps hes having a rough day, family problems or health problems which has knocked his duck off.

Why do we (well some of us) thank the bus driver. It's a practice that has only arisen during the last twenty or so years. Even when we had sociable conductors, I don't remember people thanking them. Surely they should be thanking us for paying the extortionate fares and being joggled about in a seat designed to fit a 12, year old.

Why do we (well some of us) thank the bus driver. It's a practice that has only arisen during the last twenty or so years. Even when we had sociable conductors, I don't remember people thanking them. Surely they should be thanking us for paying the extortionate fares and being joggled about in a seat designed to fit a 12, year old.

When I was at school we were taught to be polite to the bus drivers, if all it takes is to say please and thank you it makes a better day for everyone.

We had a very jolly bus driver that used to drive the number 82 (I think it was) or could have been 12??? it's been a while.. anyway it was the stannington bus.. he was lovely.

Guest busdriver1

Its a chicken and egg thing, read some of the comments on here about bus drivers and you may start to get an idea.