Arusuvai restaurant in Hillsborough

I went recently with family and enjoyed some really beautiful food. The dosas are excellent, though everything we had was so tasty. Truly felt like we were eating abroad, and not across the road from the Jolly Frier!

Great staff, cool music and a relaxed atmosphere.

Yes it is. We were chatting to them after we finished our meal. The menu is different to the one on Abbeydale Road with different dishes but a similar style.

who are the owners? is it really authentic south Indian food or "European" south Indian food? We visited Kerela in March and the restaurants serve 2 different versions depending on where you eat. Tourist or local prices reflected which

who are the owners? is it really authentic south Indian food or "European" south Indian food? We visited Kerela in March and the restaurants serve 2 different versions depending on where you eat. Tourist or local prices reflected which

You're the expert - why don't you try the food and tell us what you think?

Not an expert but interested in an honest opinion of someone with experience of the place. Most places in this country, and this goes for Chinese restaurants, Europeanise its food. This may be good for many? Even in India they practice this for visitors and tourists but the difference can be huge. This place advertises its dishes as "South Indian" which are very different to northern Indian dishes. I just wondered if it's worth visiting.

Not an expert but interested in an honest opinion of someone with experience of the place. Most places in this country, and this goes for Chinese restaurants, Europeanise its food. This may be good for many? Even in India they practice this for visitors and tourists but the difference can be huge. This place advertises its dishes as "South Indian" which are very different to northern Indian dishes. I just wondered if it's worth visiting.

I often find that the more you visit these places, the saltier and spicier the food becomes. They know most of us in the UK simply cannot cope with the true South Indian/Sri Lankan style, but they will provide it on request or if they think that you can cope. I must say, though, that only when visiting with a Tamil friend have I ever had the 'true' experience, and once was enough for me!

I often find that the more you visit these places, the saltier and spicier the food becomes. They know most of us in the UK simply cannot cope with the true South Indian/Sri Lankan style, but they will provide it on request or if they think that you can cope. I must say, though, that only when visiting with a Tamil friend have I ever had the 'true' experience, and once was enough for me!

Many thanks

For anyone interested, Arusuvai on Abbeydale Road are offering a tasting menu for two through Groupon. The advert says: "Ask the waiter to suggest five dishes that will allow you to experience the whole range of aromatic and spicy South Indian flavours." Looks good value for £26 for two!