Should Laws Regarding Gun Ownership Be Tightened Up?

It seems I was right with my assertion earlier on. If American wants to end people going on murderous rampages around their schools with guns, it'll be easier to ban schools than guns.

I agree it just horrible. But it's a horrible world. How many kids have died in the wars in the middle east? How many have died trying to reach Europe?

Two years ago there were around 50 thousand kids from south America on the US -Mexican border. Their parents had sent them off on foot to reach the US hoping that they would be taken and in turn so would their parents.

Thousands were taken in, housed, clothed and cared for. It's not all bad

thats just a shocking attitude tbh, we're not talking about people in warzones or on dangerous trips to try and better themselves we are on about kids, in supposedly one of the most civilised countries in the world, kids in their OWN houses and schools. in susposed peaceful times being gunned down, and all you can do is bah hoo sucks Oo

I agree it just horrible. But it's a horrible world. How many kids have died in the wars in the middle east? How many have died trying to reach Europe?

More self serving rubbish. It's not horrible with guns here.

You don't have the spine to think about stopping thousands of deaths because the manly feeling your gun gives you is more important to you than today's eight year old little girl with a gaping hole where her chest used to be.

Enough of the pathetic excuses. Man up man.

I don't really understand how people think you would be able to ban, or severely restrict, gun ownership in the US. Who would you plan on having enforcing the law? On forcing entry to people's homes and taking their guns? The local police? The Federals, ATF etc? You'd end up with civil war. It isn't even remotely feasible.

I don't really understand how people think you would be able to ban, or severely restrict, gun ownership in the US. Who would you plan on having enforcing the law? On forcing entry to people's homes and taking their guns? The local police? The Federals, ATF etc? You'd end up with civil war. It isn't even remotely feasible.

They already restrict gun ownership as well as ban certain types of weapons..all you have to do is extend what is presently happening.

As for civil war, stop being so freeking dramatic.

I don't think it is being dramatic at all. You have Washington sending Federal Agents smashing into peoples homes to take guns they have guns they have owned and used legally for centuries, against the will of the populace, and you'd have, in a best case scenario, absolute carnage, plenty of deaths of both citizens and law enforcement officers, and you'd leave the local police with an essentially unpoliceable people for decades to come. At worst you'd have an insurrection, with most of the inland states succeeding from the US. People don't want it, Washington has no right to thumb it's nose at public opinion. The states and cities with the worst levels of gun crime are the ones with the most restrictive gun laws already, and most of them are democrat controlled.

Are you saying that ordinary law abiding people will turn into psychopathic murderers if they can't have their gun without a license?

Or are you saying that murdererous psychopaths will have their unlicensed guns taken away?

I don't think it is being dramatic at all. You have Washington sending Federal Agents smashing into peoples homes to take guns they have guns they have owned and used legally for centuries, against the will of the populace, and you'd have, in a best case scenario, absolute carnage, plenty of deaths of both citizens and law enforcement officers, and you'd leave the local police with an essentially unpoliceable people for decades to come. At worst you'd have an insurrection, with most of the inland states succeeding from the US. People don't want it, Washington has no right to thumb it's nose at public opinion. The states and cities with the worst levels of gun crime are the ones with the most restrictive gun laws already, and most of them are democrat controlled.

In a word...Hydrollocks.

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 21:31 ----------

Are you saying that ordinary law abiding people will turn into psychopathic murderers if they can't have their gun without a license?

Or are you saying that murdererous psychopaths will have their unlicensed guns taken away?

I think HH has given the best argument so far yet as to 'tighten up'.

What percentage of the gun owning US population do you think are "murderous psychopaths"? 0.01% Not even that?

If they have guns that are unlicensed now, what makes you think they'll give them up if the law is changed? The people that will suffer are the majority of gun owners who will be left unnarmed. The criminals won't give up their guns.

I go on forums with lots of Americans on them - kind, thoughtful and helpful to fault in the main. Talk about gun control and they go off on one. Some have moved States so they can carry a gun so they can protect themselves at all times - I know it's bonkers to you and me. They won't turn into psychopaths but they will see it as the government oppressing them (they genuinly think we're oppressed and not "free") and fight back accordingly as per their constitution as they see it.

Please answer the question.

Please answer the question.

I'm saying that banning alcohol didn't stop people from drinking, banning drugs didn't stop people from taking drugs, and banning guns won't prevent people from having guns. And trying to enforce laws that no-one really wants just makes the job of the police harder.