Should Laws Regarding Gun Ownership Be Tightened Up?

It's just far too late. There are too many guns in circulation, registered or unregistered. . Even if firearms were banned tomorrow there would still be around 80 million in circulation and there's no way possible that they could be confiscated except when used in a crime so there you have it. If I voluntarily turned mine in would it make the slightest difference?

Don't think I don't worry sometimes about my three precious grand daughters who will one day be off to college. God yes I do and so do their parents. There's also the worry that happens during their first days of driving, the worry that they'll be safe from sexual predators. It could go on and on. The only comfort that we as parents and grandparents have is that these atrocities are still a rarity and chances still way, way against it happening to them and that's the best hope we have

And yet you support the free for all with firearms.

Killing people with a knife requires more skill than with a gun...

really?? not at all, you only have to hit the wrong place and without help quickly you will bleed to death, this could be by accident or by messing about, you know what i mean stop splitting hairs and being so obtuse:roll:

The 2nd amendment implies that the people already have the unfettered right to keep and bear arms

Maybe they misinterpreted it?

...and you're comparing these to gun massacres? :huh:

No! sigh! and you know it:loopy:

I know that and you obviously know that, my proposal was for those who think further amendments can't be made.

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 14:41 ----------

If that were the case, any and all gun laws/restrictions put in place since the 2nd amendment was written, must be invalid.

No, the reality is that the 2nd amendment doesn't say people have the right to bear any and all kinds of arms of their choice. Giving people a choice of arms to use doesn't infringe on their right to bear arms. It only infringes on their right to have an unlimited choice of arms (a right which they don't have).

You might want to read District of Columbia v. Heller where SCOTUS ruled that restricting by type of gun did violate the 2nd amendment.

And yet you support the free for all with firearms.

It doesn't matter what I support or not support. What I think makes no difference. I'm a grain of sand. It is what it is

You might want to read District of Columbia v. Heller where SCOTUS ruled that restricting by type of gun did violate the 2nd amendment.

...and yet many other gun restrictions stand

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 15:04 ----------

No! sigh! and you know it:loopy:

What were you comparing it to then?

According to Harley, it's too late.

Guns never wear out or get damaged, due to the complete absence of any forces or friction acting upon them when they are used (that's sarcasm by the way) and it's impossible to NOT make new guns to replace them.

How many times do I have to keep telling you? Guns are part of the culture. Close down Colt, Smith and Wesson, empty the gun stores and people would still get them smuggled in from Mexico because people want them. Christ they cant completely stop illegal drugs crossing the border or even illegal immigrants so why would it work any better with firearms?

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 14:12 ----------

According to Harley, it's too late.

Guns never wear out or get damaged, due to the complete absence of any forces or friction acting upon them when they are used (that's sarcasm by the way) and it's impossible to NOT make new guns to replace them.

Guns wear out when they are constantly used. That would imply that millions of gun owners are firing em off 24/7 :loopy:

So school massacres are part of the culture and nothing will ever stop that.

That's the message I seem to be taking away from this yes.

Depressing isn't it.

Remember the Constitution mentions arms, not guns. So either there is a restriction as to what arms an American can buy or it is a free-for-all. I don't believe that it is permissible to buy a flame thrower or a M252 mortar to reign down death onto any unsuspecting boar. So the sale of arms are already restricted in America.

All that needs to happen is for that restriction to be expanded.

Although, using a flamethrower to hunt wild boar would cut out lots of messing around and give your an instant BBQ! :twisted:

How many times do I have to keep telling you? Guns are part of the culture.

So was black segregation, you managed to (grudgingly) change your culture there.