Should Laws Regarding Gun Ownership Be Tightened Up?

Would you buy an illegal gun from Mexico or Canada if guns were banned? Would you know where to get one?

I already own a couple of legally purchased firearms so banning them wouldn't affect me.

There would probably be a whole market for smuggled guns if a ban were to take place. With the right amount of money finding where to get one wouldn't be that hard.

To stop deranged gunmen rampaging around American schools killing people, it seems like it'll be easier to ban schools than ban guns. It's a crazy world that we love in.

On the contrary you have to be rather stable to have a firearms certificate in the UK as well you know. Shacking as it may seem holding firearms is more common than you think and shooting clubs are open to everyone.

Not always like that. It was only the inbred aristocratic half wits who were allowed firearms mainly to shoot deer or pheasant and after the American and French revolutions against any of the peasantry who might just get the same ideas into their heads

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 23:14 ----------

To stop deranged gunmen rampaging around American schools killing people, it seems like it'll be easier to ban schools than ban guns. It's a crazy world that we love in.

There was a suggestion at one time that teachers and school security be allowed to carry firearms.

The idea never went very far. Some teachers recoiled from the idea and school districts found it too complicated a matter to hire and arm school guards.

It's hard for normal, sane members of society to accept such a scenario but we live in often strange and horrible times. People need to come to terms with and accept that. Whoever would have thought not that long ago that airline pilots would be armed and cockpit doors locked and barred like a bank vault but no one bats an eyelid these days do they?

Not always like that. It was only the inbred aristocratic half wits who were allowed firearms mainly to shoot deer or pheasant and after the American and French revolutions against any of the peasantry who might just get the same ideas into their heads

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 23:14 ----------

There was a suggestion at one time that teachers and school security be allowed to carry firearms.

The idea never went very far. Some teachers recoiled from the idea and school districts found it too complicated a matter to hire and arm school guards.

It's hard for normal, sane members of society to accept such a scenario but we live in often strange and horrible times. People need to come to terms with and accept that. Whoever would have thought not that long ago that airline pilots would be armed and cockpit doors locked and barred like a bank vault but no one bats an eyelid these days do they?

Are you still banging on about how the common man cant own a gun in the UK? Change the record it's been proven to you many times before you have no clue what you are talking about.

Are you still banging on about how the common man cant own a gun in the UK? Change the record it's been proven to you many times before you have no clue what you are talking about.

Why don't you read my post. I never said anything about the common man not being allowed to own a gun in the UK these days.

I have no idea how anyone gets a gun in the UK these days either but a fair guess is that you'd have to have a damned good reason

You continually bang on about this topic and it's clear you don't have a clue. Why you think you are anything of an authority or indeed even could make a fair guess is beyond me.

Yeah, redraft the American constitution where a significant chunk of the population are quite happy with gun control as it is. Easy peasy. Obama - you know, the guy running place, put some controls that's effectively been over turned by congress and/or individual states.

It's not happening. It's never happening. But we don't live there so who gives ****??

Its true that the constitution gives people the right to own and bear arms but making or selling them is not covered by it, so no redrafting required.

Its true that the constitution gives people the right to own and bear arms but making or selling them is not covered by it, so no redrafting required.

But that is dropping the constitution by the back door.

I found this interesting though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34429918

You continually bang on about this topic and it's clear you don't have a clue. Why you think you are anything of an authority or indeed even could make a fair guess is beyond me.

So clue me in Sherlock. How does a person obtain a firearm in the UK?

So clue me in Sherlock. How does a person obtain a firearm in the UK?

You've been told before by me on previous threads. I've no intention of wasting more time telling you. You can use Google like everyone else unless you are too lazy even for that.

You've been told before by me on previous threads. I've no intention of wasting more time telling you. You can use Google like everyone else unless you are too lazy even for that.

You mean you just cant man up and explain the procedures necessary for a civilian in England to acquire a firearm so the "google is just a cop out.

I did get a firearm during my years in the UK. NATO FN semi-automatic 7.62 caliber 20 round magazine courtesy of HM Forces. Mine for two years

I'll bet they wouldn't let me have a weapon like that now eh? I could be a potential terrorist or mass shooter oooooooh awful thought

I didn't ask you to stick your two cents worth into my comments. If I annoy you just stay away and I'll try not to break down into a blubbering fit

You mean you just cant man up and explain the procedures necessary for a civilian in England to acquire a firearm so the "google is just a cop out.

He already has. Stop being so lazy.

I did get a firearm during my years in the UK. NATO FN semi-automatic 7.62 caliber 20 round magazine courtesy of HM Forces. Mine for two years

I'll bet they wouldn't let me have a weapon like that now eh?

I bet they would actually.

I could be a potential terrorist or mass shooter oooooooh awful thought

I do hope the families of the latest batch of victims never read your flippant and cynical comment.

I didn't ask you to stick your two cents worth into my comments.

He doesn't need your permission.

If I annoy you just stay away and I'll try not to break down into a blubbering fit

You do annoy me actually; you defend a system which results in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths every year. You don't care about human life quite enough to stand up say no.