The latest episode in the Leeds saga.

Just been reading about this in the nationals and then an article by Norman Munter in The Star and seriously can this club get any more comical?

It appears now that 6 players have suddenly "supposedly" faked injuries and have declared themselves unfit to play against Charlton. Incidentally these 6 players were signed by Cellino prior to him receiving a ban and being forced out of Leeds United which to be fair is a massive co-incidence?

The whole thing is being described as "The boy who has been sent home from the party and taken all of his toys with him". It can't be proven how genuine the whole thing is however you have to agree with the media on how it appears, it does seem that Cellino is being bitter here and is out to hurt Leeds in some sort of revenge stunt.

Just been reading about this in the nationals and then an article by Norman Munter in The Star and seriously can this club get any more comical?

It appears now that 6 players have suddenly "supposedly" faked injuries and have declared themselves unfit to play against Charlton. Incidentally these 6 players were signed by Cellino prior to him receiving a ban and being forced out of Leeds United which to be fair is a massive co-incidence?

The whole thing is being described as "The boy who has been sent home from the party and taken all of his toys with him". It can't be proven how genuine the whole thing is however you have to agree with the media on how it appears, it does seem that Cellino is being bitter here and is out to hurt Leeds in some sort of revenge stunt.

Cellino is due to return to Leeds in a couple of weeks.

Cellino is due to return to Leeds in a couple of weeks.

Didn't know this buddy just going on what I have been reading this morning.

In his latest press meeting last week apparently he told them that he won't be returning after his ban expires despite the club being in £20m of debt and in a critical position.

Edited by green_man

Didn't know this buddy just going on what I have been reading this morning.

In his latest press meeting last week apparently he told them that he won't be returning after his ban expires despite the club being in £20m of debt and in a critical position.

Actually a little googling does suggest that there are conflicting reports about what he's going to do next with Leeds. It couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Guest sibon
Actually a little googling does suggest that there are conflicting reports about what he's going to do next with Leeds. It couldn't happen to a nicer club.

It is a very confusing situation. Cellino's ban runs out shortly, but he's got other charges to face in Italy. Conviction in those would lead to similar bans. I suspect that he'll sell up in the summer. Who on earth would buy Leeds is a whole other matter.

I can't imagine any sympathy from other clubs after their shady dealings for the last decade.

Is Russel Crowe still interested in buying Leeds Utd?

Guest sibon
Is Russel Crowe still interested in buying Leeds Utd?

He's been strongly linked.

? :D Hope he runs football clubs better than he sings.

Thanks for that Sibs ... please remind me that I owe you one.:gag::gag::hihi:

He's been strongly linked.

? :D Hope he runs football clubs better than he sings.

Yea that

. Even if he does run a football club as well as he signs he'll a far better job of it than the last few owners.

I have been a Leeds supporter form the last 61 years, but I never thought it would come to this farcical situation!

:):)

I think it is a dreadful shame. I don't care whether you love or hate the club, there are always people that love it and as fans of our local clubs we know what an anguishing ride that can be.

It couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Seconded :D

I have been a Leeds supporter form the last 61 years, but I never thought it would come to this farcical situation!

Really? Wow, I thought the assault by Bowyer and Woodgate back in 2000 brought the club into disrepute, and they never really recovered from that.