Jobless total hits 7 year low as Tories announce 2 million new jobs.

I seem to remember a few news articles a couple of months back saying the UC had failed miserably. Of course IDS tried to deny it, but of course he would, it being his pet

Odd, I remember the opposite. That it had been successful where it was trialled and had come in under budget too.

Here is the report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31476172

Well done.

I've got 2% over the lifetime of this Parliament. Not adjusted for inflation.

I'm not atypical either.

No, but neither am I. I'm hardly the only person in Sheffield who got rises in pay and has achieved financial gains in the last five years. I know plenty of people who have bought houses, got extensions, got brand new cars and so on. It seems for every person that has had minimal pay rises, there is someone else that's done just fine.

Whats the gdp output though?

I notice that this -

"Last year Britain recorded its biggest deficit in goods trade since records began."
hasnt been mentioned much. Big news story?

"The figure was unrevised from the ONS' original estimate. It added that 2014 GDP growth was 2.6 per cent, also unrevised, the UK's highest growth since 2007, which made the UK the fastest-expanding G7 economy in 2014."

Doesnt answer the questions...what does expansion mean?

When 13bn is spent supporting low paid retail workers and another million plus are on zhc..people have jobs that dont pay.

"The figure was unrevised from the ONS' original estimate. It added that 2014 GDP growth was 2.6 per cent, also unrevised, the UK's highest growth since 2007, which made the UK the fastest-expanding G7 economy in 2014."

In 2014 the UK population increased by 0.63% on the previous year, so I guess if they are working, it will add to the growth figure.

The tories promise the good life for all.

Tom and Barbara will be thrilled

I do not accept a single word said by the guardian or mail that is on a political subject, neither can be trusted.

The thing about the reports you have given (apart form the politically biased ones) are that they are all older then the BBC report I gave. They all speculate rather then report and so until we have full disclosure of the outcome of the trial, we only know it has come in under budget, which any MP will sing its praise. There may well be more to come out and it could all fall apart like so many of the projects undertook by the previous government that cost the country £billions. We just need to wait and see and not prejudge the outcome.

I do not accept a single word said by the guardian or mail that is on a political subject, neither can be trusted.

The thing about the reports you have given (apart form the politically biased ones) are that they are all older then the BBC report I gave. They all speculate rather then report and so until we have full disclosure of the outcome of the trial, we only know it has come in under budget, which any MP will sing its praise. There may well be more to come out and it could all fall apart like so many of the projects undertook by the previous government that cost the country £billions. We just need to wait and see and not prejudge the outcome.

The BBC was simply reporting what IDS said in an interview. It wasn't reporting that what he said was true.

UC was doomed to fail from the start. The concept itself is a good one but the implementation can't work as it stands.

Roughly speaking, what has been achieved since 2010, is that unemployment has gone up and then come down again. So, not much really.

Shall we talk about wage growth?

I will merely refer to the comments of Madame Lagarde (excuse spelling) she seems to state my case perfectly.

Where exactly did I say that they were ALL two hour contracts?

What percentage were you referring to then?